Scalarworks Sync With T-2 Back In Stock

Kahamu

34 minutes ago, SnidelyWhiplash said:

@mashir , I have a Scalarworks Sync / T2 combo that I use with the collapsible stock in the middle position. It doesn’t allow me to use the iron sights but the T2 is positioned perfectly (dot centered in housing) with a good cheek weld. If I extend the c-stock I can use the irons or the T2 co-witnessed.

Awesome thanks for the info!

@mashir, glad to help. I went with the Scalarworks Sync T2 setup because I wanted a good cheek weld on the middle setting of the c-stock on one of my M4’s. I have another M4 with the RMR that is great while using the stock fully extended, but in the middle position the Scalarworks RMR sits too low. The Scalarworks Sync / RMR is absolute co-witness and the Scalarworks Sync / T2 is lower 10th cowitness.

I’ll also add the folks at Scalarworks are absolutely awesome.

On 11/2/2021 at 6:34 PM, Doge said:

My CompM5s arrived with some industrial grade AAA battery made in Belgium?. Haven't thought of changing it out to lithium, but if I were to would I see a boost in battery life?

No battery life boost. But, ANY important optic or battery powered gear (flashlights, range finders, lasers etc) use lithium batteries as one day you will

open up your device and find  a $1.00 run-away-alkaline energizer has chemically destroyed a $5000 schmidt & bender battery compartment.  Don't be battery cheap.

• Upvote 2

On 11/28/2021 at 2:04 PM, Milspec said:

The Rein appears to be bomb proof though.  I've never handled a Modlite I believe the Rein to be a strong competitor.  Both made in the USA.  The light temp is different on the Rein vs the SF and Modlite.  Mrgunsngear did a really nice video on all 3. 

His video was what led me to go with the REIN light.

I'll just give my setup a shot when the pieces come in. Definitely look forward to blinding the sasquatches. Now I just need to hunt some Brenneke Black Magics down...

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, benelliwerkes said:

No battery life boost. But, ANY important optic or battery powered gear (flashlights, range finders, lasers etc) use lithium batteries as one day you will

open up your device and find  a $1.00 run-away-alkaline energizer has chemically destroyed a $5000 schmidt & bender battery compartment.  Don't be battery cheap.

You should see longer battery life. Also yes, nonlithiums will kill expensive kit dead, fast. In the night vision world, we cringe over alkaline use.

Typical alkaline AAA have 1150mah capacity, while L92 Energizer has 1250mah. So a hair less than 10% more run time, by the math.