Scalarworks Sync With T-2 Back In Stock

Kahamu

Luckily I snagged one.  One benefit for me is that I'm not too far from Scalarworks.  So, if my order is placed early enough it's pretty much next day delivery.  I should have my bundle today!

Not sure why we didn't get notified.  I signed up again about a week ago just to make sure.

Kahamu - saved my bacon.

Edited by Milspec

6 hours ago, Kahamu said:

@Milspechow do you like the sync + T-2 combo. Do you use the stock in the middle position or fully extended?

I haven't installed it yet.  I'm slacking.  I only have the field stock.

It's on the list..  I'm still waiting for a few other things.  CC mag tube, J-Kenny 2 piece shell latch etc.

Can't decide if I'm going to use my Scout M600 with the backbone light body or go with the Cloud Rein.

Been straightening out an AR this week.

Edited by Milspec
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/2/2021 at 3:20 PM, Milspec said:

I haven't installed it yet.  I'm slacking.  I only have the field stock.

It's on the list..  I'm still waiting for a few other things.  CC mag tube, J-Kenny 2 piece shell latch etc.

Can't decide if I'm going to use my Scout M600 with the backbone light body or go with the Cloud Rein.

Been straightening out an AR this week.

I picked up a Scalarworks mount for my T-2 as well. It's currently sitting on an ak though until I get a few more accessories for the M4. 

Which light did you end up with? I went for the REIN. I'm going to try some ranger bands with the switch since I've got the IWC light mount on the way as well.

I run the SYNC/02 and a T-2 on my M4 with a field stock. I think it’s great. No problem using the iron  sights. I agree about the PRO being too high, plus it would be heavy, about 12 oz. between the PRO, mount and rail vs. the ScalarWorks and a MRD is only 3 to 6 oz. depending on your optic choice.

6 hours ago, iamrt said:

I picked up a Scalarworks mount for my T-2 as well. It's currently sitting on an ak though until I get a few more accessories for the M4. 

Which light did you end up with? I went for the REIN. I'm going to try some ranger bands with the switch since I've got the IWC light mount on the way as well.

Good question.  I'm still on the fence.  I'm terribly indecisive with this.  I have the Rein sitting in the box.  I charged the battery and tested it.  It is very well built from what I can tell.  Reminds me of Elzetta quality.  The unprotected cell thing freaks me out a little.  They act like if you put it in your pocket with car keys it will explode.  This can be changed to a protected cell with a small sacrifice of output I believe. 

Then I have a Surefire M600 head on an IWC backbone light body with a Surefire Z61 Tail Cap.  The Z61 is a great tail cap because you don't have to worry about machining the shroud like SD does.  They can be tough to come buy so I bought 2 and now have an extra.  It was mounted to my previous M4, only tested never used during live fire.  It's a lot lighter, slimmer and shorter than the Rein.  Although it has no where near the same output in Lumens and Candella. 

I'm still torn as to which way I'm going to go.  I don;t know if I should use the Rein and either sell or mount the Surefire on another platform.  Or Use the SF on the M4 and sell the Rein.  I like the Rein but I worry about adding more weight and a bigger light up front.  Then when I think about the SF I now feel it's small.  LOL

The Rein appears to be bomb proof though.  I've never handled a Modlite I believe the Rein to be a strong competitor.  Both made in the USA.  The light temp is different on the Rein vs the SF and Modlite.  Mrgunsngear did a really nice video on all 3. 

9 hours ago, Treetommy said:

I run the SYNC/02 and a T-2 on my M4 with a field stock. I think it’s great. No problem using the iron  sights. I agree about the PRO being too high, plus it would be heavy, about 12 oz. between the PRO, mount and rail vs. the ScalarWorks and a MRD is only 3 to 6 oz. depending on your optic choice.

Thanks for the info on the Aimpoint while using the field stock. I didn't realize the  Aimpoint Pro weighed that much.

@mashir , I have a Scalarworks Sync / T2 combo that I use with the collapsible stock in the middle position. It doesn’t allow me to use the iron sights but the T2 is positioned perfectly (dot centered in housing) with a good cheek weld. If I extend the c-stock I can use the irons or the T2 co-witnessed.

Edited by SnidelyWhiplash