Benelli M4 Borescoped

Unobtanium

4 hours ago, Evolution said:

Very nice and informative! Dr. Unob Tanium performs M4 colonoscopy.? A clean bill of health, no polyps or lesions detected.

Only 400 rounds? I would've thought you fired a lot more than that!?

Ive owned 10ish of these over the years, in various models. The last few years (bought this one in 2018ish) have been extremely busy for me, personally, and ammo has been annoying to source. I mostly shoot buck and slug. Not really into birdshot.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Unobtanium said:

Ive owned 10ish of these over the years, in various models. The last few years (bought this one in 2018ish) have been extremely busy for me, personally, and ammo has been annoying to source. I mostly shoot buck and slug. Not really into birdshot.

I didn't realize that the opening of the ports were on a slant. It's interesting that they were engineered like that. I get it about the ammo....I went nuts buying at this time last year and into this year.....but I haven't been shooting for months.☹️

• Upvote 1

Did you push the copper slugs through to mitigate leading? 

I heard this from Hickok45.  After he shoots lead cast through his revolvers he puts some FMJ through them.  He claims it clears out all the leading.  I think he said he's been doing it since the 70's or 80's.  He then cleans his revolvers like any other pistol.  No crazy scrubbing to "de-lead" the bore.  I've been thinking about picking up some copper plated stuff for the M4 for this reason.

Of course it then leaves you with some copper fowling.  The lesser of two evils?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Milspec said:

Did you push the copper slugs through to mitigate leading? 

I heard this from Hickok45.  After he shoots lead cast through his revolvers he puts some FMJ through them.  He claims it clears out all the leading.  I think he said he's been doing it since the 70's or 80's.  He then cleans his revolvers like any other pistol.  No crazy scrubbing to "de-lead" the bore.  I've been thinking about picking up some copper plated stuff for the M4 for this reason.

Of course it then leaves you with some copper fowling.  The lesser of two evils?

I found you still have to scrub, just less. That said, I've yet to lead a Benelli bore to the point patterns suffer. Also, I find low recoil slugs, say, under 1300fps actual MV, lead far far less than 1400+ actual MV slugs. Wayyyy less. Truball is the worst, due to it being kinda hot, as well as the polymer ball jamming the skirts into the bore.

• Upvote 1