New Benelli M4 M1014 keeps jamming

Vandal Bee

Alright,

Cleaned, lubed, manual cycle 500 times (my finger and hands hurt ? ). It looks like the action gets stuck when/if the carrier moves up to load. I can feel it when I pull the handle back and gently release it until the carrier moves up. Then I pull back and gently start to release it gets stuck. If I gently touch/push the handle, the bolts gets released.

It almost feels like the bolt tail is getting slightly stuck in the recoil tube. But its not - Removed the trigger group and the bolt is moving like butter. So that slight stuck might be related to the trigger group.

Here is the video: 

Edited by Vandal Bee

21 minutes ago, Vandal Bee said:

Alright,

Cleaned, lubed, manual cycle 500 times (my finger and hands hurt ? ). It looks like the action gets stuck when/if the carrier moves up to load. I can feel it when I pull the handle back and gently release it until the carrier moves up. Then I pull back and gently start to release it gets stuck. If I gently touch/push the handle, the bolts gets released.

It almost feels like the bolt tail is getting slightly stuck in the recoil tube. But its not - Removed the trigger group and the bolt is moving like butter. So that slight stuck might be related to the trigger group.

Here is the video: 

Normal. 

7 hours ago, Ben elLes said:

Yeah it’s a probability chart not guaranteed what happens.  That specific chart was on a site explaining why you shouldn’t buy an extended warranty on something…. Or perhaps one could interpret it as why you should sell an extended warranty ?.   I’m up to about 1500 rounds in under 2 years without issue as well.  I have had problems with aftermarket parts, but got it all figured out thanks to information I have found and my own trial and error.

It only works for homogeneous items. Not complex items like vehicles, which have many multiple sub assemblies with varying lifespans.

• Like 1

I know you were having issues manipulating it since you were filming at the same time, but with the action of the Benelli, you want to slap it around like it owes you money. Kind of like how you should never ride the slide closed on a handgun softly. Pull all the way to the rear, and release the bolt. The breech latch can hang on the bolt if you gingerly ride the bolt forward.

On 3/26/2022 at 6:18 PM, Vandal Bee said:

Alright,

Here is the video: 

glad to hear you got it sorted.

Edited by RxArms
  • Like 1

Cleaned again after the shooting and there is no damage on the ejector/receiver. Looks like the parts are working together fine now :). It feels smoother and smoother.

But ye initially there was a lot of lube in the mag tube.

Thx again for the help - much appreciated!

2 hours ago, Vandal Bee said:

Cleaned again after the shooting and there is no damage on the ejector/receiver. Looks like the parts are working together fine now :). It feels smoother and smoother.

But ye initially there was a lot of lube in the mag tube.

Thx again for the help - much appreciated!

The ding you showed me would not simply "stop", if it were a result of bolt meets ejector housing during proper function. I think it was a red herring, and properly cleaning/lubing/knocking down some high spots in the ano/phos are what met with success. Regardless, she is working right, now!

• Like 1