Military Adoption

Unobtanium

9 hours ago, Doge said:

The most interesting thing for me was "...28" anti-drone."

Yeah… not sure how much difference an extra 10” length will really make, I mean how far away are the drones they are shooting at that a 28” barrel will really make a big difference? Why not just put a turkey choke on an 18.5” barrel?  *shrug*

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, RxArms said:

Yeah… not sure how much difference an extra 10” length will really make, I mean how far away are the drones they are shooting at that a 28” barrel will really make a big difference? Why not just put a turkey choke on an 18.5” barrel?  *shrug*

I would love to be the test shooter and find out! Shooting down drones sounds like A LOT of fun! In the Army we had styro planes flying at us a few times. I hit one with a .50 cal once. Knocked that right out of the air. 

Edited by StreetSweeper56
Add info
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Doge said:

My uneducated guess is that the 28" is just a hunting variant with a vent rib barrel. Makes sense as other anti-drone shotguns are usually that. I dug around on google and it is indeed the vent rib barrel.

5tv0k30u6wm71.jpg

Longer barrel will swing better too I guess, something I never thought of.  Better for hunting for objects that are in the sky!

On 6/22/2022 at 2:00 PM, Doge said:

My uneducated guess is that the 28" is just a hunting variant with a vent rib barrel. Makes sense as other anti-drone shotguns are usually that. I dug around on google and it is indeed the vent rib barrel.

5tv0k30u6wm71.jpg

I want the Benelli Ghostbusters variant she's firing!

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...