Benelli M4 Entry 14" SBS vs. Full Size?

CiggyTardust

I recently purchased the 14" Entry model and now the wait commences.  I chose the SBS because I used to have the full size M4 (LE Model) and regrettably I sold it.  It was one of my favorite guns to shoot... so much fun!  That being said, it was a bit long and impractical so I got rid of it.  There are only two guns I've ever regretted selling and the M4 is one of them.  The 14" entry model addresses my main concern with the M4 by making it a bit more compact.  

For those of you who've shot both, how does recoil between them compare?  Is the recoil of the Entry model noticeably more stout?  Looking forward to hearing back how they compare in actual shooting experience.

Edited by CiggyTardust

I've owned both, the primary advantage of the SBS is the handling benefits of dropping 10oz and 4.5" off the nose.  From behind the gun, shooting, I can't tell the difference...but presumably against a shot timer the 18.5" would have improved split times.  I sold the 18.5" and have the SBS.

Providing an owner of a M4 18 inch model  is living in a free state and after doing the proper paperwork for a short barrel shotgun ,convert their already owned shotgun ? Is it just the matter of changing out the magazine tube & barrel ? or is it easier to sell the 18 inch model & just buy the 14 inch model ?

3 hours ago, Gmcrigger2007 said:

Providing an owner of a M4 18 inch model  is living in a free state and after doing the proper paperwork for a short barrel shotgun ,convert their already owned shotgun ? Is it just the matter of changing out the magazine tube & barrel ? or is it easier to sell the 18 inch model & just buy the 14 inch model ?

I bought a Leo trade in entry.Caneout to same price as buying a entry barrel and engraving.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2022 at 7:54 AM, Gmcrigger2007 said:

Yes correct, barrel assembly and needing a 5 shell magazine are the differences.  I have a 14" and have considered buying an 18.5" barrel and full length mag tube to have the option of changing to a non-sbs setup.