Benelli M4 Titanium Mag Cap

RxArms

10 minutes ago, EzGoingKev said:

I see you list the weight of your part at 35.4 grams. You say it is less than the OE part. What does the Benelli part weigh in at?

It barely clears OEM which weighs at 36.2g.  Quite a feat actually since 75% of the OEM cap looks like polymer.

• 2 weeks later...

I did forget to mention, that if you use my cap on a tube without a retaining spring, you will get an extra 0.15” of spring space Vs the OEM.  I know 7 shell in the tube is tight with certain loads. The 0.15” extra might be able to give that little bit more that is needed.

I tried to hollow out the cap as much as I could to give more room for the spring.

Edited by RxArms
  • Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, EzGoingKev said:

Can anyone confirm they were able to load 7 shells where they could only load 6 with the Benelli cap?

It depends on the shells which varies in size between manufacturers, I have been using Fetter which I could always load 7 with. The caps don't give a lot of new space so it likely will not make a HUGE difference. The new caps are really nice though. The raw titanium looks especially nice.

I toyed with the idea of making a different design altogether, more straight out without the 3 large circles machined into it.  But in the end, I find benellis cap design quite beautiful so decided to keep the classic look of the cap even though I probably could have achieved 1/4” to 1/2” more spring space.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Fullassault said:

Do these work ok with the Ti CC tubes? I don’t know much about titanium, didn’t know if there would be any binding issues 

Ya as mentioned above it should install no issue, a thread is a thread.  As long as the tube is machined correctly with proper thread tolerances the cap will work.  

• Upvote 1