New Company Making M4 Parts?

John Doe

So, I have been doing a lot of research on all the different companies that make parts for the M4. Some I like and others not too much, but to each their own. Yet, I have found one company, or actually a few companies, that all seem to be connected to Armsco. They are Black River Manufacturing , Orthos Arms , and Otus Arms. They all have the same website design and graphics as well as sell pretty much the same items give or take. All their Youtube channels also have only been posting videos since the beginning of the year so I take it that they are new to the shotgun field. 

Now with all that being said, after looking at all their websites and the items they are selling for the M4 and the SBE 3/ M2, I gotta say they all look pretty cool and have very interesting concepts and are selling them for pretty good prices. They are based in Illinois, but I can't figure out if the items they are selling like the collapsable stocks and the full-length mag tubes are manufactured here in the US or elsewhere. Also, I can't find any reviews for their items and their Youtube videos have the comments disabled. At first, I thought it was Armscor, the guys who run RIA, but no, not the same. So, any info or experience you guys have with these companies please let me know. I hate to be a guinea pig and have to test these products out only to find they are garbage and don't work, but I also don't want to be the last guy holding out and not buying these parts until they raise the price or are out of stock. Check out their websites and tell me what you guys think or if you have experience with them, good or bad, please let us know. Thanks, guys I appreciate it.

I would also be interested in knowing if there are issues with the main hex-head screw used to connect the stock to the buffer tube/pistol grip assembly. Past after-market stocks have had thread tolerance differences and a tendency to come loose after 100 rounds or so of firings. 

• Upvote 1

I can’t find anywhere on any of those sites their origin of manufacturing, if they were made in USA it would be clearly stated.  The Typhoon F12 is made in turkey.

One has to assume all of those companies and their items are Turkish.

Edited by RxArms
  • Upvote 1

?????

https://www.google.com/maps/place/55+Bradrock+Dr,+Des+Plaines,+IL+60018/@42.0201624,-87.9190423,272m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m6!3m5!1s0x880fb72755926dbd:0x3a8599974672b4c8!8m2!3d42.0198695!4d-87.919001!16s%2Fg%2F11c4ys3qds?entry=ttu

Black River Manufacturing
55 Bradrock Dr Siute A
Des Plaines, IL 60018
Telephone: 847-768-1011

ATFIELD GUN COMPANY
55 Bradrock Dr Ste A
Des Plaines, IL 60018
Map It

MAXON SHOOTER'S SUPPLIES
75 E Bradrock Dr
Des Plaines, IL 60018
Telephone: 847-298-4867
Map It

ORTHOS ARMS, OTUS, TYPHOON DEFENSE, MCCOY ARMS
55 Bradrock Dr Ste A
Des Plaines, IL 60018
Map It

ORTHOS, OTUS
55 Bradrock Dr Ste A
Des Plaines, IL 60018
Map It

ZASTAVA ARMS USA
55 Bradrock Drive Suite B
Des Plaines, IL 60018-1959
Telephone: 224-725-3359
Map It

ZASTAVA ARMS USA
Telephone: 847-250-9727

Edited by cas
  • Upvote 1

If you’re wondering why I’m saying Turkish, it’s because their gun is made in turkey.  Just because they have a USA address doesn’t mean it’s made in USA.  

any company making guns/parts in USA it would be plastered all over the website.

Edited by RxArms
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RxArms said:

If you’re wondering why I’m saying Turkish, it’s because their gun is made in turkey.  Just because they have a USA address doesn’t mean it’s made in USA.  

any company making guns/parts in USA it would be plastered all over the website.

Yeah, I kinda figure that might be the case, but I just emailed them a bunch of questions about their parts. As soon as they respond to me I will let you guys know what they say.

8 hours ago, Don Randall said:

I would also be interested in knowing if there are issues with the main hex-head screw used to connect the stock to the buffer tube/pistol grip assembly. Past after-market stocks have had thread tolerance differences and a tendency to come loose after 100 rounds or so of firings. 

Yeah, this is one of the questions I asked them in an email.

1 hour ago, cas said:

?????

https://www.google.com/maps/place/55+Bradrock+Dr,+Des+Plaines,+IL+60018/@42.0201624,-87.9190423,272m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m6!3m5!1s0x880fb72755926dbd:0x3a8599974672b4c8!8m2!3d42.0198695!4d-87.919001!16s%2Fg%2F11c4ys3qds?entry=ttu

Black River Manufacturing
55 Bradrock Dr Siute A
Des Plaines, IL 60018

ATFIELD GUN COMPANY
55 Bradrock Dr Ste A
Des Plaines, IL 60018
Map It

MAXON SHOOTER'S SUPPLIES
75 E Bradrock Dr
Des Plaines, IL 60018
Telephone: 847-298-4867
Map It

ORTHOS ARMS, OTUS, TYPHOON DEFENSE, MCCOY ARMS
55 Bradrock Dr Ste A
Des Plaines, IL 60018
Map It

ORTHOS, OTUS
55 Bradrock Dr Ste A
Des Plaines, IL 60018
Map It

ZASTAVA ARMS USA
Telephone: 224-725-3359
Map It

ZASTAVA ARMS USA
Telephone: 847-250-9727

The building and the location does look about right to be manufacturing parts and accessories, but are they doing it there or is that just a place where they accept the shipments from overseas? Hopefully, I will hear back from them soon enough to let you guys know what they say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_slLXMpZ9c

So, I found this video of theirs and watched it a couple of times. So they are installing all these parts on an actual M4 and not a clone. When he is installing the stock it looks like he just reuses the same screw he took from the OEM stock and not some other one. The handguard looks to take adapters, but they seem pretty sturdy and not that difficult to install. The carbon-fiber mag tube looked like a typical swap with no issues with threading it right on. Also, at the end of video when he is shooting I believe he is shooting Winchester Super X, probably slugs judging by the recoil and it shot with no issues. Obviously, it is an edited video and they can leave out some important parts. All the pieces seemed to fit fine on the M4 with no issues in installation, again as far as they showed. Still think I will wait to see more and hear from them. I did find a couple of reviews on Rainer Arms website and Reddit, that were not very positive.  

56 minutes ago, John P. said:

Which is weird because you don’t remove the OEM stock by unscrewing like that.  You remove the trigger group and turn the whole stock to remove it.

Really? That is interesting. I have never removed the stock from mine yet so I don't know, but maybe I should watch a video on it.

1 hour ago, NineInchNails said:

It's kinda strange that one model of their collapsible stock is $349.99 on one site, but $279.99 on another. The exact same stock. The prices appear to be different for all of the products I compared.

Yeah, they are having sales on one site and no sales on another. Not sure why they do that for.