FFT charging handle pops out, RX arms?

SuzukiGS750EZ

We have a different design, with a detent hole that has positive engagement with the detent to prevent rotation once the detent has popped into place.

I should mention that lately the past couple years some detents on Benelli M4s suffer from less than adequate spring pressure, and our handle can be rotated out with enough force.  I have an older 2013 m4 where the detent has great pressure and I couldn’t rotate the handle with all my strength, my newer 2020 M4 has a detent that does not have the same detent pressure.   At the same time I have a lot of customers with new M4s that the handle locks on great.

I am sure some users here will chime in.

Edited by RxArms

I can’t physically pull it out without rotating it and the original part was somewhat difficult to remove so I think the detent itself is ok.

RX arms, what causes yours to be different design wise? Each I see physically look the same. Also, do you screw the aluminum knob to the steel shaft or is it held in place another way?

On 10/20/2023 at 6:42 PM, SuzukiGS750EZ said:

I ordered an RX. Hoping it’s the ticket. I also bought the titanium one which I’m hoping with less diameter is less rotation. And it’s titanium!

Just placed an order for one also, appreciate you asking the question.

night and day difference between the RX arms and FFT. Not even a comparison. The FFT in 2 out of 3 of the detent positions  I could turn a crazy amount and it was very easy to twist out of place. The RX arms design is much different, positive retention and hard to turn to twist out. No way will this part come out even if I’m racking the bolt under pressure.

• Upvote 2

Mine arrived today, had time to throw it on and manipulate it a bunch.

@SuzukiGS750EZ Your BCG detent ball & spring may be different/stronger than mine but the RX Arms charging handle spins more easily for me. Once disengaged from the detent it pulls out effortlessly. 

It’s impossible to pull out while the detent is engaged, but with gloves on it’s not hard to imagine getting spun accidentally while charging and disappearing.

Curious why the difference.

That said, the knurling, length and diameter are amazing in hand.

30 minutes ago, RPC said:

Mine arrived today, had time to throw it on and manipulate it a bunch.

@SuzukiGS750EZ Your BCG detent ball & spring may be different/stronger than mine but the RX Arms charging handle spins more easily for me. Once disengaged from the detent it pulls out effortlessly. 

It’s impossible to pull out while the detent is engaged, but with gloves on it’s not hard to imagine getting spun accidentally while charging and disappearing.

Curious why the difference.

That said, the knurling, length and diameter are amazing in hand.

Did you get the titanium one? Trying to turn it clockwise (when facing it) is near impossible for me. Spinning counter clockwise takes a good bit of effort. 

1 minute ago, SuzukiGS750EZ said:

Did you get the titanium one? Trying to turn it clockwise (when facing it) is near impossible for me. Spinning counter clockwise takes a good bit of effort. 

Yeah, ordered this one. I push it into the BCG until it stops then rotate it to match a detent to the detent ball. 

I don’t have a gauge that can measure the effort to spin mine, but I threw the stock one back in as a baseline and the Rx one spins as easily if not more easily. 

13 hours ago, RPC said:

Yeah, ordered this one. I push it into the BCG until it stops then rotate it to match a detent to the detent ball. 

I don’t have a gauge that can measure the effort to spin mine, but I threw the stock one back in as a baseline and the Rx one spins as easily if not more easily. 

That’s a bummer. My RX one is awesome. Maybe my FFT would work in your BCG lol it didn’t in mine.

20 minutes ago, SuzukiGS750EZ said:

That’s a bummer. My RX one is awesome. Maybe my FFT would work in your BCG lol it didn’t in mine.

Talking with Robb on the side about the Rx handle. I think this is the 4th order I’ve placed from him, never been anything but completely satisfied. Hoping to understand why this different retention in mine even if it ends up being something uncontrollable. 

2 hours ago, RxArms said:

The detents on the Benelli M4 are not completely consistent.  Which can cause problems at times, which does not happen often in my experience.  Unfortunately this is how the Benelli m4 is.  Kind of hit and miss, (Much more hit than miss).

Variances are a reality any manufacturing environment. Got a couple additional ideas, the Rx charging handle is otherwise too nice for me to just put it in a drawer with the others.