M1014 Fixed Modified Choke & Slugs

Icarus2.0

So, after emialing back and forth with a rep at Benelli, they do not recommend shooting slugs through the M1014. Anything other than a cylinder or improved cylinder bore is not safe. They state in this in their FAQ and unless I overlooked it in the manual, it's not listed there. How is this considered a "combat shotgun" if it can't shoot slugs? Clearly it WILL shoot slugs from what I have read on here. Benelli suggested I spend another $700+ for a barrel with replacable chokes. What a choke...

What are your experiences with shooting slugs through the M1014 (11701) Ever heard of any devistating outcomes? Why would they limit this "combat shotgun" to buckshot? I've already had an AR detonate in my face due to issues with shooting remanufactured ammo. Was the first and last time ever shooting reman... With that said, not trying to banana peel my barrel either.

Any and all info would be much appreciated. Benelli wasn't much help.

Edited by Icarus2.0

This is exactly the reason why I decided against the M4 models with fixed modified chokes.  I understand why Benelli chose to do this on certain models.  I wanted to flexibility to change the choke depending upon use without having to buy another barrel.  Personally, I'd follow the recommendations of the manufacturer.....

• Upvote 1

I’ve probably shot 250 rounds of slug through my M1014. I will admit it’s a bitch to remove the lead fouling from the end of the barrel (what I assume is the modified choke).

No squibs or kabooms or anything but man, cleaning it after sucks. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/10/2023 at 5:04 PM, Icarus2.0 said:

So, after emialing back and forth with a rep at Benelli, they do not recommend shooting slugs through the M1014. Anything other than a cylinder or improved cylinder bore is not safe. They state in this in their FAQ and unless I overlooked it in the manual, it's not listed there. How is this considered a "combat shotgun" if it can't shoot slugs? Clearly it WILL shoot slugs from what I have read on here. Benelli suggested I spend another $700+ for a barrel with replacable chokes. What a choke...

What are your experiences with shooting slugs through the M1014 (11701) Ever heard of any devistating outcomes? Why would they limit this "combat shotgun" to buckshot? I've already had an AR detonate in my face due to issues with shooting remanufactured ammo. Was the first and last time ever shooting reman... With that said, not trying to banana peel my barrel either.

Any and all info would be much appreciated. Benelli wasn't much help.

Depends on who at benelli you talk to. 

IMG_8924.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2