Walnut Furniture for Benelli M4 Just Dropped

John P.

55 minutes ago, nyc71 said:

Any modifications for fitting? 

Damn! It like good

No. The hand guards just needed a little finesse; I didn’t want to crack them somehow as they were a little tight but got them in NP. The bolt that came with the stock surely didn’t thread in, I don’t have a metric die set and so based on what they’re saying on Reddit, went and picked up an m8x1.00 fine thread and that works fine for now. I’ve ordered a die and will chase the socket head grade bolt it came with and try that again. 

The gun really does feel lighter now and more comfortable naturally from the wood. That is compared to and for those who run the factory hand guards and field stock. I suppose without the sling plate and internal hardware in the factory stock that accounts for some of it. I plan on putting a limbsaver on also. 

If I were to nitpick at all, the exposed front edges of the walnut hand guards are unfinished and could use a little oil. The wood grip where it meets the receiver is not perfectly flush and slightly bulging in some spots, like only a 1/16” or so and I can live with that. 

edit; next to some good ole fashioned American walnut, I think it looks great IMG_0746.thumb.jpeg.c91a6c0c9d8282f01c28d67876cba539.jpeg

Edited by 03svt
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 03svt said:

No. The hand guards just needed a little finesse; I didn’t want to crack them somehow as they were a little tight but got them in NP. The bolt that came with the stock surely didn’t thread in, I don’t have a metric die set and so based on what they’re saying on Reddit, went and picked up an m8x1.00 fine thread and that works fine for now. I’ve ordered a die and will chase the socket head grade bolt it came with and try that again. 

The gun really does feel lighter now and more comfortable naturally from the wood. That is compared to and for those who run the factory hand guards and field stock. I suppose without the sling plate and internal hardware in the factory stock that accounts for some of it. I plan on putting a limbsaver on also. 

If I were to nitpick at all, the exposed front edges of the walnut hand guards are unfinished and could use a little oil. The wood grip where it meets the receiver is not perfectly flush and slightly bulging in some spots, like only a 1/16” or so and I can live with that. 

edit; next to some good ole fashioned American walnut, I think it looks great IMG_0746.thumb.jpeg.c91a6c0c9d8282f01c28d67876cba539.jpeg

Thanks

On 12/11/2023 at 11:52 AM, John P. said:

Been wondering if we’d ever have the option of buying wood sets.  These are Panzer Arms from Turkey—one of the clone makers (“Turknellis”) that sells clone versions with these stocks.  I wish Benelli made wood furniture for the M4, but it is what it is.  

Cheapest right now for $70 at PSA, and also available for $100 at MidwayUSA.  Better pics at this site, but they are sold out.

I’ll follow up once my set arrives.  If they’re good to go, I’ll likely add QD swivels and a Limbsaver as I did here.  If the finish is glossy I’ll probably also use steel wool to make them matte.

IMG_5166.jpeg

IMG_5204.jpeg

IMG_5207.jpeg

IMG_5205.jpeg

IMG_5208.jpeg

Did you file it down to make it fit

Screenshot_20231218_161948_Gallery.jpg

Edited by nyc71