Benelli M4 -- Interest in a true 4 point rail system?

stevenb

Kewl..I gott'a get one of those H&K style mounts...

Mesa..Any chance you guys gonn'a or already make a rail to mount a on top of a M3 Receiver??

Benelli says a # 93 Weaver base is recomended...

Sure would like to get one that would take the place of the Ghost Ring assembly wings & all on the H&K model..

Thanks for any info..

Stay safer!

Wade

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our market focus is law enforcement and military. Since the M3 is not in widespread use by professionals, it is unlikely we will be developing anything for it specifically. However, our SureShell shotshell carriers for the M2 Tactical will probably fit an M3 with a bit of drilling and tapping.

HEY SIR,

I HOPE THAT YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT DAY WITH YOUR BENELLI. I AM IMPRESSED WITH THE CONCEPT OF A HAVING THE M1014 THE WAY IT IS . THE ONLY REASON FOR TACTICAL ADDONS SUCH AS A LIGHT SOURCE , NIGHTSIGHTS WOULD BE BEST APPLIED FOR MILITARY AND/OR L/E TACTICAL TEAMS. AS FOR HOME DEFENSE SIMPLE IS THE BEST. SOME TIME THE QUEST FOR AFTER MARKET ITEMS TO ADD TO YOUR BENELLI SHOULD BE DONE WITH GREAT RESEARCH AND CAUTION SO THAT THEY DO NOT AFFECT YOUR WARRANTY OR THE OPERATION OF Y0UR SHOTGUN. DUCKYCLI

Originally posted by jmikesteen:

"Weight is a major issue, and is being dealt with in many different ways. There are a few other "features" that are being developed with this project that will make the weight penalty null."

Oh, the old helium filled Surefire, Right? smile.gif

Just messing with ya, I love my M4 and it is pretty neat right out of the box so there has to be a compelling reason for me to stick something on to it. I really have trouble coming up with anything I need to add to it with the possible exception of a light. I don't believe I need a rail system for that. I think there is a need for these but it is probably in the LE or Military area. But I also know there are those that have to have every accessory that might be of use to tack on the sides, top, and bottom of their firearms and my attitude is more power to them. It is your money and your biceps. I wire my boat trailer lights not my shotguns.

gun rail after market addon

Mitch,

Really glad to see this project moving along. I think people will be real pleased with the hanguard/top rail interlock method. I would imagine the design to be copied in other rail systems in the future...

Any new weight measurements for the assembly? Or significant changes to the forward barrel extension engagement? For reference, I'd weigh the OEM handguards and the top rail and fasteners.

The real test will be the ergonomics of the handguard assembly and the weight of the unit.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

MesaTactical-

Are you still planning on making a similar unit for the M2 Tactical? I was planning on getting one of your Shell Holders with the Pic Rail but would rather wait if one for the M2 Tactical will become available...and if not it looks like it's time for me to finally get the M4 I've been wanting.

I stopped by MesaTactical yesterday to pick up their shell holder for my M2 Tactical.

I asked about the FCAM and was shown a sample they had and I was told they had another unit out being photographed.

The sample I saw had the original clamping system.

Overall I'm very impressed and can't wait for it to be finalized. It was nice to be able to check it out in person, and as Steve said I think people will be very pleased with the handgaurd/top rail interlock method.

Now all I have to do is rush out and get an M4 for when this is ready!!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...