Continual Jamming

dlybarger

Continual Jamming  

1. 1. Continual Jamming

• ???
    • ???

Just bought my first Binelli. A SBE, left hand.

Took it to the sporting clay range for some fun. I read in the owners manual that I should shoot heavy loads for the first box or two to make sure that it cycles correctly.

Today was my second trip to the range. The first time there I shot 200 rounds and had at least a jam every 10 shells. I did not give it much thought just hit it with a good shot of RemOil which didn't seem to help and figured it would get better with time.

Today I shot another 125 rounds and this time paid more attention. I was shooting Winchester Super X 3.25 Dram and 1 oz of shot and I had at least one jam every ten shells. Very frustrating considering that I was told this was a great gun. You can pull the bolt back by hand and it will occasionally hangup on the way shut. It ejects the spent shell just fine but does not open far enough to load the new shell.

I finally begged some 3.75 dram 1-1/8 oz loads and would fire it first and I never had another jamming incident.

Do I need to be more patient until it gets broke in or is this going to be a continual problem with these lighter loads. I find this very frustrating.

If the answer is to always shoot heavier loads what do I key on Drams or oz's of shot?

Originally posted by dlybarger:

Just bought my first Binelli. A SBE, left hand.

Took it to the sporting clay range for some fun. I read in the owners manual that I should shoot heavy loads for the first box or two to make sure that it cycles correctly.

Today was my second trip to the range. The first time there I shot 200 rounds and had at least a jam every 10 shells. I did not give it much thought just hit it with a good shot of RemOil which didn't seem to help and figured it would get better with time.

Today I shot another 125 rounds and this time paid more attention. I was shooting Winchester Super X 3.25 Dram and 1 oz of shot and I had at least one jam every ten shells. Very frustrating considering that I was told this was a great gun. You can pull the bolt back by hand and it will occasionally hangup on the way shut. It ejects the spent shell just fine but does not open far enough to load the new shell.

I finally begged some 3.75 dram 1-1/8 oz loads and would fire it first and I never had another jamming incident.

Do I need to be more patient until it gets broke in or is this going to be a continual problem with these lighter loads. I find this very frustrating.

If the answer is to always shoot heavier loads what do I key on Drams or oz's of shot?

I believe when they said heavy loads they were talking like a 3 inch mag. I shot several rounds of 3 inch mag and 3 1/2 mag shells through my SBE LH when I first got it. I shot several hundred 3 dram 1 1/8 OZ loads through he gun after that . Maybe 1 or 2 hang-ups per 100 rounds.

quote by Drundel

Rem-oil is crap. Many many people have reported problems with it and their SBEs. Break the gun down, clean it VERY good and then use some oil like FP-10 or Miltec-1. A lot of people have been reported good results with it.
that's a ditto on Drundels advice first off... second ... give it time. it may not come around to firing light target loads at all... some do and some don't.

try different loads by different manufacturers .. they all will vary (patterns will too) within wieght/Dram. Eq.

You already shot the Win. Super-X go to the try the AA ,, then the Federal offerings .. keep shooting until you run into something that works.

my brother's SBE is able to cycle 7/8 win Super-speed unk shells and mine can't ... doesn't bother me one bit cause there's no application situation for 'em...

just some thoughts