SBE II StocK (Rubber inserts)

Bill

I Was wondering if anyone had any problems with tthe SBEII chevron inserts. I checked out the gun this last weekend and found that the last insert at the bottom of the stock closest to the trigger guard was very easy to pull out. Knowing how flexible material typically wear I am a bit worried about this piece falling out. As for the Chevrons it looks like thsoe are not going anywhere. I was just wondering what everyone else thinks?

• 2 years later...

i had a incodent with the butt of my SBE where the peice had come off and i was 2 miles down the swamp before i realised it and thought it came off in boat and perhaos fell into swamps... got back to the truck and it was under the seat where the gun had been laying... talk about freaking out... 1500 dollars and the butt falls off???? anyone else have this happen?

Incodent?

Many of the early SBEII's gelpads were subject to easily pop out.

Benelli documented the problem and they have fixed, at no charge, every single one that has been reported to them.

Forum posts do not constitute reporting a problem to Benelli CS.

Your shotgun comes with a five year warranty and is backed by what is arguably the best Customer Service department in the business, but they don't have a crystal ball and they don't fix guns because someone mentions their problem on these forums.

Call them.

Back to the original post....

Same thing applies regarding warranty and service.

I've used mine hard for three seasons now and have seen no degradation or loosening of the chevrons. I fully expect this trend to continue.

However, should a problem arise, whether it be still in warranty or not, I will contact Benelli CS and go from there.

• 2 weeks later...
i had a incodent with the butt of my SBE where the peice had come off and i was 2 miles down the swamp before i realised it and thought it came off in boat and perhaos fell into swamps... got back to the truck and it was under the seat where the gun had been laying... talk about freaking out... 1500 dollars and the butt falls off???? anyone else have this happen?

That happened to me with my M2...I (along with my buddies) headed out on a 70 yard hike on a frozen bean field in Arkansas (I had a feeling it was going to get worse before getting better)...needless to say, the ice cracked...I fell...gel pad falls off... pretty funny looking back on it. Nonetheless, put it back on, defrosted it, loaded it and got my limit, and smacked my buddy for not wanting to drive his 4 wheeler through the ice. Didn't take his 4 wheeler the next day either...I'll ride through ice all day long...and DID! and operned up one heck of a hole for the ducks to feed in! :)