as the production run is being tested. I am sending you some pictures so

that you can see what it looks like.

Sincerely,

Jose Almaraz

Surefire

Technical Support

800-828-8809 Ext. 2104

Fax: 714-545-9537

He didn't give me the price in the email, but it is $215, and with whatever other charges there were, it came to $231. I am sure its sales tax since I'm in CA, and so are they. They say that shipping is free on all orders over $100.

He took my credit card, but has no date on when they are releasing them. They are still being tested. I will be charged once they ship them.

He said they also provide snug rubber covers with the unit that go over the rails so if you are not using them, it is comfortable to grip.

The unit is only the mount / rail. It does not include the support hand grip and flashlight. The support hand grip is Surefire part number M900A.

The order list is up around 200 right now. I only bought one, even though I have two M4s. I'll see if I like it before ordering a second one, at that price.

It will be interesting to see inside one of these. It appears from the photos that what we are seeing is just the magazine tube and not some other shield or gas deflector.

I think one of the complaints of the B&T system (and possibly of the initial M80 prototypes) is that it was completely open, and excess gasses coming from the pistons or ARGO system could be directed upon the support hand.

I wonder how Surefire has addressed this issue ?

p.s. And rail envy aside, does anyone besides me wish Surefire would just have come out with a dedicated forend "Weaponlight" ?

Bowman,

Don't post the man's e-mail addy on a public forum like that!

The man did you a big favor by sending you those pics, and you repaid him by giving his e-mail address to every spambot on the planet... and two on Mars. :mad:

I didn't even think about that. :eek:

Thanks for posting the shots. I got them a while back (looks like we have the same five) but have been busy on an assignment. As with Mr. Bowman, there is still no date of release/shipping. That said, I like the item and also want to correct my previous posts in which I said the M80 was going to have four rails (was always trying to figure out how they would do that). I'm looking forward to using the M80 (and the US part list continues to grow).

-x

Man, That looks like an M4 that got buttraped by a arfcom M4 carbine. A combat shotgun is not going to handle and swing like a shotgun with all that crap on it. And unless your shooting slugs, or turkeys with an extra full choke at a stationary target, you don't even LOOK at the sights on your shotgun, only your TARGET. If somebody pops up, or is running top speed at 50-60 yrds. or closer, depending on choke constriction, I'm gonna light 'em up at least twice while somebody with all that junk on their SHOTGUN is still trying to get on target or missing because they are trying to shoot and handle a shotgun like a rifle. A shotgun loses it's edge when you try to make it into a carbine. YMMV, to each their own, ect

It will be interesting to see inside one of these. It appears from the photos that what we are seeing is just the magazine tube and not some other shield or gas deflector.

I think one of the complaints of the B&T system (and possibly of the initial M80 prototypes) is that it was completely open, and excess gasses coming from the pistons or ARGO system could be directed upon the support hand.

I wonder how Surefire has addressed this issue ?

That is a concern of mine as well STA. After close exam of the pic's it looks like the nylon or plastic inserts in the top portion of the rail (contacting the barrel and attached to the aluminum forend with allen butten head screw) also closely contact the mag tube and appear to seal against it, perhapse any gas is contained or vented out the front? I do not know.

Hello STA,

I am totally with you.

Why is it Surefire will not just produce the forend with a weaponlight and be done with it? In the direction we're presently going, this gun will eventually weigh some absurd amount and no one is going to be happy. It's not as if Surefire doesn't have the ability to do this. They're already doing it for several other manufacturers. What do you think is they're problem?

MaxSecured

I have read your comments and studied the pics myself...and I've concluded that I'm cancelling my order for this part. I don't see a use for this part aside from mounting a flashlight, and I don't like all the rail simply for one flashlight. Further, I don't think I'll enjoy adjusting my support side grip to make room for this thing.

I placed the order during a moment of excitement but once logic and reason set in, I've changed my mind on this part.

heck Im ready to just screw and epoxy apiece of pic rail onto my existing forearm. The Surefire looks tac -cool but Im not sure if it will function as a forgrip that well. Seems like alot of money for a U.S. made part to hanng a light and laser from.

awsome, after you recessed it in the forearm did you just bolt it on or did you also epoxy it? How does the mount with light handle recoil?

I recessed it then used the bolts supplied by ergogrip, I did not epoxy, but I did put very thin rubber O-rings on the bolts between the rail and the forearm. I did this mainly to issolate shear force and the posabilty of fracturing the plastic forearm. I then lock-tited the bolts (red I think) It handels recoil without a hitch, the surefire lights are not heavy.

below are more pic's

bvfgside2-1.jpg

bvfgside1.jpg