Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benelli Forums
ChaosFghtr

Chokes for squirrel hunting

Just wanting some help with what chokes I should use for the Stoeger Uplander double barrell 20. ga for squirrel hunting. I know it comes with a modified choke in the left barrell and an improved in the right. I'm looking to use this gun alot for squirrel hunting. My dad suggested I get a full choke. Just wondering what you guys thought and which side I should put each choke in.

I always got by with a Mod. in a 16ga. I just tried to shoot them from a little farther away,as not to rip them to shreds.

The tighter the choke the farther the shot is my rule of thumb,for really small game that I plan on eating.

Just wanting some help with what chokes I should use for the Stoeger Uplander double barrell 20. ga for squirrel hunting. I know it comes with a modified choke in the left barrell and an improved in the right. I'm looking to use this gun alot for squirrel hunting. My dad suggested I get a full choke. Just wondering what you guys thought and which side I should put each choke in.

Never question POPS!! I would do full in both or better yet do a .22 if law allows! We used to wear them out with .22 in Arkansas when i was a youngster, sit under acorn tree and relax all afternoon!:)

if your going with a full, put it in second barrel for longer follow up shots. heck i use a benjiman/sheridan 177 pellet rifle for em. works great,its accurate up to about 100-150ft. and you dont have any pellets to chew on.

Come on guys, we are talking squirrels here, tree rats, your killing me on the choke tube thing :)

Come on guys, we are talking squirrels here, tree rats, your killing me on the choke tube thing :)

A spitwad in the eye WILL stun them enough to climb the tree and hit them over the head with a stick.

Novaking

Better yet, An air compressor w/ an air chuck, Small diameter PVC pipe, and marbles :D.

You would look like ghostbusters.