All you Benelli M4 owners!!

Domonlord

Just bought an older M4 s/n006***, maybe someone could date it for me? But what I'd like to know is who makes the best extended magazine and where can I get oem parts like the trigger assy. bushing ? Haven't got to shoot it yet plan to soon. It's got to be the best weapon I've ever owned next to my Ed Brown Special Forces. They do go togeather nicely though. Need to get the after market web sites. Thanks Tim:D

• 1 month later...

Damn, I want to add the englarged GG&G bolt release, but Duggan's post about how difficult it was kinda makes me nervous. I wonder if there is someone out there that can install this competantly. I don't want to send it to just anyone who says they can do it and have them struggle and screw it up and scratch the **** out of my new m4. I can do that on my own.

Any thoughts anyone?

Damn, I want to add the englarged GG&G bolt release, but Duggan's post about how difficult it was kinda makes me nervous. I wonder if there is someone out there that can install this competantly. I don't want to send it to just anyone who says they can do it and have them struggle and screw it up and scratch the **** out of my new m4. I can do that on my own.

Any thoughts anyone?

It's not THAT hard.

It's doable.

If you're good at working with multiple small, spring loaded parts, you will be ok.

Some people are good at some things, some people are good at other things.

I'm generally really good at assembly/disassembly type things, most of my trouble in this mod came from GG&G's absolutely pathetic directions. They may as well have been written in chinese. Also I was the first person I knew or saw to do this, so I had no one giving me advice, pics, or anything. I was on new territory.

If I had to do it again I would get it done much quicker without any scraping, I would think.

But if you're worried, have a gunsmith do it.

• 4 months later...

mesa 8 shell carr works and looks great. the weight is no issue for me not that it's to heavy. heavier ? yes but not to heavy. the mesa 8 shell looks and works great for me. love it. nice having all the ammo around. mind you i have the factory +2 ext. I just have to decide what i want on the gun more , a telescopic stock or the +2. decisions decisions. HHMMMM. Also found this really cool rubber knob that fits right over the bolt handle. hold real tight and acts as a bumper. makes it easy to handle bolt. just a lucky find.

Edited by mike4

Is it possible to put the M2/M3 stock on an M4? The sling loop on the M2/M3 is not glued in to my knowledge, and therefore one could have the Mesa 4 shot stock mounted side-saddle on an M4. I REALLY want to get this sidesaddle mounted on my M4!!!

Correct. What occured was the nut you see when you take the buttpad off? Yeah, that came off easily. The problem was that those washers and that T-shaped metal piece and the sling loop are all glued togather on that 2-sided bolt. Benelli said a heatgun would do it, but It didn't cut it for me, and I heated it up pretty hardcore. I would be scared to do more than I did. As it was it was literally smoking. Man that stock is wicked durable!