What kind of ammunition should I buy for my M4

heckler&kochp2000

I am going to a local gun show in southern California on the weekend and there will be a few ammunition venders there with average type ammunition for sale. What do you all recommend I should buy ?

Please tell me your favorite brands, loads etc.... for Home protection or some blow you away stuff! :cool:

This maybe the last chance us Californians get to buy amo in bulk !!!! :(

Edited by heckler&kochp2000

I am going to a local gun show in southern California on the weekend and there will be a few ammunition venders there with average type ammunition for sale. What do you all recommend I should buy ?

Please tell me your favorite brands, loads etc.... for Home protection or some blow you away stuff! :cool:

I wouldn't buy anything at a gunshow period.

Some people like Federal FC. Some people like Winchester XX Supreme Magnum. Some people like Ranger Reduced Recoil (will it run in your M4? Only you know...)

If you want the hardest kicking, nastiest junk I know of, Dixie Slugs Tri-Ball is the only way to roll. Pure sickness :)

Asking what kind of ammo should I get is like asking any other open ended question when it comes to opinions. Your gonna get 10 different answers if ask 10 different people.

I use Federal Tru Balls and Federal 2 3/4" 00Buck

I also use Wolf 00 for practice.

I wouldn't buy anything at a gunshow period.

Some people like Federal FC. Some people like Winchester XX Supreme Magnum. Some people like Ranger Reduced Recoil (will it run in your M4? Only you know...)

If you want the hardest kicking, nastiest junk I know of, Dixie Slugs Tri-Ball is the only way to roll. Pure sickness :)

Thanks Unobtanium ! but why wouldn't buy anything at a gunshow? ? ?

Asking what kind of ammo should I get is like asking any other open ended question when it comes to opinions. Your gonna get 10 different answers if ask 10 different people.

I use Federal Tru Balls and Federal 2 3/4" 00Buck

I also use Wolf 00 for practice.

Thanks Lakotah ! i am actually wanting 10 different answers I want to see What you like and What you so kindly would recommend ??

Where can you buy for less?

I shoot Winchester Ranger Lo Recoil slugs no problems in my M1. In fact they group and function great. Many of my friends shoots them too, one of them happens to be the top 3 gunner in the country.

Lots of 3 gunners shoot Federal managed recoil slugs. Some shooters use the Brenneke slug, it isn't as popular, could be cost.

Winchester now sells a slug called a Win-lite that seems to work well.

I don't use the Winchester Super Sport shot shells, The bell on the crimp has caused problems for me. Maybe their QC has improved.

Cheap ammo is either the gun show or Wally World. The Federal bird shot works great from WW, they also have 1600FPS Winchester slugs and some full boat Federals.

I also have no problem using the Focchi Spreaders shells.

Good luck

Edited by cksh8me

Where can you buy for less?

I shoot Winchester Ranger Lo Recoil slugs no problems in my M1. In fact they group and function great. Many of my friends shoots them too, one of them happens to be the top 3 gunner in the country.

Lots of 3 gunners shoot Federal managed recoil slugs. Some shooters use the Brenneke slug, it isn't as popular, could be cost.

Winchester now sells a slug called a Win-lite that seems to work well.

I don't use the Winchester Super Sport shot shells, The bell on the crimp has caused problems for me. Maybe their QC has improved.

Cheap ammo is either the gun show or Wally World. The Federal bird shot works great from WW, they also have 1600FPS Winchester slugs and some full boat Federals.

I also have no problem using the Focchi Spreaders shells.

Good luck

Thanks cksh8me! I will look into that stuff you recommended .

Would that make him or her a crooked cop if they did that ? cause i would not want to ask them and look at me crazy!

No, it would make him a friend.

ETA - Perhaps further explanation is needed. There is no law banning you from using, possessing or buying "law enforcement" ammunition ... heck half of it is available in a repackaged civilian version anyways. The issue is that ATK decided to restrict their "LE ammo" to LE only to cut back on demand and also because I beleive ammo for LE avoids the 16% tax or whatever it is, so the cop would be able to get it cheaper than you could as a civilian.

Edited by Duggan

ETA - Perhaps further explanation is needed. There is no law banning you from using, possessing or buying "law enforcement" ammunition ... heck half of it is available in a repackaged civilian version anyways. The issue is that ATK decided to restrict their "LE ammo" to LE only to cut back on demand and also because I beleive ammo for LE avoids the 16% tax or whatever it is, so the cop would be able to get it cheaper than you could as a civilian.

Sounds good to me.

Thanks for the info!

Were do you buy it at ? I live about 40 minutes east of LA

AMMO BROTHERS off the 605 and Alondra.

They had a pallet of it 5 feet tall. I got 10 large white boxes containing 10 boxes of 5.

OR

Remington LE Buck. I've got over 1000rnds of that too. Both work well cause they pattern tight and have a lot of flight control features.

0519091557.jpg

Edited by ERdept

The FED EXCISE TAX is tax exempt on dept. purchase only. When I buy for my use, even as a LEO, I have to pay the tax, UNLESS, I can get the dept. to sign of on a form stating that I am making the purchase for ON DUTY use only, which they will not do. Hope this helps.

AMMO BROTHERS off the 605 and Alondra.

They had a pallet of it 5 feet tall. I got 10 large white boxes containing 10 boxes of 5.

OR

Remington LE Buck. I've got over 1000rnds of that too. Both work well cause they pattern tight and have a lot of flight control features.

0519091557.jpg

I called, I was to late ! They are all out and do not know when they will be getting more, it is on back order.

I see in your picture it is LE 132 00buck , did you get or did they have any LE 127 00buck?

The FED EXCISE TAX is tax exempt on dept. purchase only. When I buy for my use, even as a LEO, I have to pay the tax, UNLESS, I can get the dept. to sign of on a form stating that I am making the purchase for ON DUTY use only, which they will not do. Hope this helps.

I see. Thanks for the clarification.