Is it me ?

kybagger

I finally purchased a IC choke and a couple boxes of the new Hevi shot MB for my M2 26". set target at 40 yrds.First shot went left 2-3 inches. OK maybe I pulled it.Set up again same results,same results for the first box. So went back to the house to get a box of Hevi 13's 5 shot which I've used for a few years.first shot dead on.

So u guys with more experence then me..what gives ?

I finally purchased a IC choke and a couple boxes of the new Hevi shot MB for my M2 26". set target at 40 yrds.First shot went left 2-3 inches. OK maybe I pulled it.Set up again same results,same results for the first box. So went back to the house to get a box of Hevi 13's 5 shot which I've used for a few years.first shot dead on.

So u guys with more experence then me..what gives ?

In my BPS, H-13 #6's shoots pretty much dead on. H-13 #7's shoot just a tad left and a tad high, no big deal, I just move the POA a bit. H-13 MB shoots fine horzontally, but 12"-18" lower than the #6's or #7's. All from the same gun, same IC choke, same rest :confused:

Yes, it is very common, very common, for different shells to shoot differently with the same gun and choke set-up. No big deal for wingshooters usually, but it can be an issue with these new fancy turkey chokes and loads....

Thanks for everyone's input.I think I'm going to use the H13 #5 which is dead on.I guess I will play with the MB after the season is over.From what i'm reading and hearing the MB takes alittle work to get it right.

Thanks again.

H-13 #5 is a great load - probably under-rated with all the new salt shot coming out. It can be an absolute crusher :)

• 2 weeks later...

well went back to the patterning board today. made a few changes. put the orginal bead site back on. shot both MB and H13 #5 2oz also used both IC and the H13 choke.

the H13 choke didn,t do well at all so went back to the IC.did well with the H13 #5 .All shots were from 35 and 45 yrds. if I can figure how to post pictures I will