Kip Carrier carriercomp status

Guest cleefurd

Guest cleefurd

Quick update;

• December 18th 2009 our oldest order on the books was 2 days old, long awaited vacation took place...
  • 8 days later Marcy (who wears more hats in this business than I can list) had emergency retinal surgery, putting her out of commission until mid January...
  • Due to delays associated with the aftermath of the surgery we suspended Gunbroker listings, and began advizing patrons there would be some delays...
  • Mid February someone decided it would be novel to put us on 7 minute interval auto- redial, keeping our voicemail full indefinitely, essentially mandating full time damage control so that we could receive legitimate messages (a battle we obviously CAN'T win)... whom ever it is, hopefully he/she will desist when they get their product. Ver*zon has been of little assistance since the offender utilizes an obscure restricted #, and we refuse to change our # knowing THAT would horrify anyone who tries to reach us. At this point we are pleased to convey that we are close to overtaking the setbacks...
  • All paid orders through January 18th are expected to deliver NLT Monday March 22nd...
  • All paid orders placed through Feb 24th are expected to ship the following week...
  • The first week in April we will have all Benelli M4 Full Length Magazine Tubes in stock and ready to ship at all times, with ZERO back-order!!!...
  • Our Titanium Bolt knobs have been revised, and will have heat treated A-2 tangs, with Titanium knobs. We are preparing a product page illustrating why this "hybrid" is superior to solid titanium offerings, of which we have tested, duplicated, and rejected all previously available versions, from various manufacturers...
  • The Picatinny rails are still where they were Dec 18th before the emergency surgery, and will take priority as soon as the existing Mag Tube order commitments are fulfilled....

Please accept our sincere appreciation for everyone's continued interest,

Humbly- Kip Carrier

carriercomp

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear from you Devil Dog.

That phone thing has got to be illegal under some law. (Harassment?) Perhaps there is some legal action you could take to stop them. It might be as simple as filing a criminal complaint.

I got a titanium bolt knob from another manufacturer (FFT); but I'm still looking forward to yours. (No compliants about the FFT one; just have "brand loyalty" to Carrier Comp after installing your titanium magazine.) If you say the hybrid is superior, all the more reason to snatch up one of yours when available.

Semper fidelis.

Edited by LeoAtrox

Guest cleefurd

True.

It bothered me a lot, still does, but the moment I realized 8-10 man hrs per day tending the phone assault was better spent regaining ground on production, we decided to dwindle the status inquiries by knocking out deliveries, after all, sitting by the phone offering incessant excuses is torture, and aside from allaying brief concerns, it accomplishes nothing. Actions speak louder than words hence the PAINFUL decision to turn the ringer off and keep the shop lights on that much longer.

More soon friends. Back to work here.

Guest cleefurd
Good to hear from you Devil Dog.

I got a titanium bolt knob from another manufacturer (FFT); but I'm still looking forward to yours. (No compliants about the FFT one; just have "brand loyalty" to Carrier Comp after installing your titanium magazine.) If you say the hybrid is superior, all the more reason to snatch up one of yours when available.

Semper fidelis.

The FFT provided to us is the larger diameter. Ours is 1/2". That part of the difference is purely a matter of user preference.

The tool steel tang decision however, was based on the observation we made that no titanium alloy, in spite of its superiority in other aspects, can rival tool steel in abrasion resistance. The three fillets that aid in retention tend to get boogered up asthetically from repeated insertion/removal. While this is a purely asthetic drawback that has little if any bearing on long-term functionality, I decided to build ALL of them the way I built mine. You may have noticed on close examination that the OEM tang is utterly unscathed by the its encounter with the bolt carrier and detent. This is because it is heat treated and tempered to just above 48C on the Rockwell scale... sufficiently above what any ti-alloy can attain, that it (the OEM or tool steel tang) is never dis-figured at all. Keep in mind the blemishes to the titanium type tang are superficial, and inconsequential on any mechanical level... I just wanted the component (replacement knob) to be virtually indestructable on ALL levels, hence my penchant towards over-engineering. I will stop just short of saying it is "superior", favoring the term "More refined" in complete fairness and respect for any competitor.

Edited by cleefurd
condensing

Guest cleefurd
Kip,

Is there any remote chance for some goodies for the M2 folks. Perhaps a bolt knob to start?

That gun is on my wish list, and when I do... that will be strongly considered!

Guest cleefurd
thats awesome info there!! now if you could just apply that concept to some newly U.S. made nelli m4 pistons that would be even better!!:D OOPS, did i say that??

Yup. Those darn helical cuts (that lend to their self cleaning properties and pressure curve) are the gremlins in the straight forward production gears, requiring a synched 4th axis. We are still entertaining that, and when the current "new-releases" transpire, we will visit it again.

In the mean time I'm really headed back to the shop now. Hired hands are hovering outside the office... grrrrr.:rolleyes:

Glad to see the rabid fanboys haven't ran you off just yet Kip. :)

I've told people to leave you alone, but some people just have to have what they want, RIGHT NOW!

Best of luck with continued production and once again, thank you for taking up these relatively thankless endeavors. I hope it all works out as you plan and ends up being worth your time.

So you're content with being obnoxious huh?

If I was Kip I would cancel your order just for wasting my time ... if you're the guy calling every 7 minutes.

Seriously?? its called a joke. you know, like making fun of the dipsh-t who keeps calling him!!:rolleyes: i have'nt even put my order in yet. and if you've paid attention, ive stated im waiting to order until the bolt handles are available.;)

Seriously?? its called a joke. you know, like making fun of the dipsh-t who keeps calling him!!:rolleyes: i have'nt even put my order in yet. and if you've paid attention, ive stated im waiting to order until the bolt handles are available.;)

I haven't been paying attention, sorry bro.