WTB Benelli M1014 / M4 Super 90

daniel333

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres no "fake" M4. The m1014 is a limited run (2500 made) M4 made to commemorate the Marine model. What makes it different from a regular M4 is a fixed skeleton stock, USA flag insignia, and its assigned number 1-2500. The M4LE is the same as the current model M4 but before 04. The M4LE was made pre-2004 Assault Weapons Ban, when only LE could own the gun. Now all the M4's are stamped "M4".

I really dont know where your gettin at. This is more of a collectors item than anything. If you notice as soon as one is posted for sale at $2500-3000, somehow its sold in less than a few days.... Everyones got their own favorites...

Theres no "fake" M4. The m1014 is a limited run (2500 made) M4 made to commemorate the Marine model. What makes it different from a regular M4 is a fixed skeleton stock, USA flag insignia, and its assigned number 1-2500. The M4LE is the same as the current model M4 but before 04. The M4LE was made pre-2004 Assault Weapons Ban, when only LE could own the gun. Now all the M4's are stamped "M4".

I really dont know where your gettin at. This is more of a collectors item than anything. If you notice as soon as one is posted for sale at $2500-3000, somehow its sold in less than a few days.... Everyones got their own favorites...

I'm well aware of the model differences.

I am curious is to why anyone sane would pay $1000-$1500 extra, the cost of an entire additional m4, to buy an outdated, less capable model of the same shotgun ... assuming that you're actually going to use the shotgun, and not just let it be a paperweight.

If you're doing it just for the flag and serial number ... well, I guess that's your right to do, but that doesn't make it any less illogical.

This isn't some exotic, priceless woodgrain, custon artisan crafted weapon ... there is nothing unique or special about the M1014. The fact that they sell for $3000, if they really do, is just testament to how utterly ridiculous some people are. It's like buying a limited edition Ferrari 360 when for the same money you could buy 2 Ferrari 430's.

A fool and their money ...

ETA - I'm really not trying to be a dick, I just hate to see people waste money on something that they wrongly perceive to be of higher value ... thus why I'm curious as to exactly why you want a M1014 specifically. If you want it just to mount on a wall or put in a safe and be like HAHA IVE GOT AN ORIGINAL M1014 IM THE ******* MAN WHAT NOW BITCHEZZ all the more power to you.

Edited by Duggan

duggan doesn't know what he's gettin at either when it comes to limited edition benellis..,,he's not into the limited edition models,,so he calls them old outdated,,the black benellis are his cup of tea,,for me I've been on both sides of the Benelli collecting coin,,I started with combat/tactical benellis,and progressed onto the finer models,so I understand you wanting a limited edtion Benelli gas operated shotgun such as an M1014 over the later standard m4,,I've owned an M1014 and shot the M4 too,I would rather own an M1014 over the m4 anyday,,thanks,,ya''ll have a nice day okay,,,

Edited by M1014

New owner of a M4LE. I just bought off of hkpro. I know nothing about these outher than it just looked cool. I haven't received it yet.Not till next week. It came with a retractible stock. I guess thats why I liked it. I have a major hk auto problem also.The serial number on the side of it i can see in the post is y009240. Can anybody tell me any info.would love some help & advise.

Thanks,

ken

duggan doesn't know what he's gettin at either when it comes to limited edition benellis..,,he's not into the limited edition models,,so he calls them old outdated,,the black benellis are is cup of tea,,for me I've been on both sides of the Benelli collecting coin,,I started with combat/tactical benellis,and progressed onto the finer models,so I understand you wanting a limited edtion Benelli gas operated shotgun such as an M1014 over the later standard m4,,I've owned an M1014 and shot the M4 too,I would rather own an M1014 over the m4 anyday,,thanks,,ya''ll have a nice day okay,,,

How are they nicer than new M4's?

to buy an outdated, less capable model of the same shotgun ...
you are really starting to show low I.Q. points after this comment!!so how exactly does it "NOT" shoot a shotgun shell the same or at the same speeds?????

I just hate to see people waste money on something that they wrongly perceive to be of higher value ...
i guess you REALLY dont understand the concept, "Limited Edition"!!!:rolleyes: you know where not many were made MAKING it more valuable than your plain ol m4!!
thus why I'm curious as to exactly why you want a M1014 specifically.
Um maybe he wants to collect more RARE valuable weapons than you!! some around here can actually afford it Duggan and YOU need'nt beat him up/put them down for it!!!;) Edited by texas skeeter

you are really starting to show low I.Q. points after this comment!!so how exactly does it "NOT" shoot a shotgun shell the same or at the same speeds?????

i guess you REALLY dont understand the concept, "Limited Edition"!!!:rolleyes: you know where not many were made MAKING it more valuable than your plain ol m4!!Um maybe he wants to collect more RARE valuable weapons than you!! some around here can actually afford it Duggan and YOU need'nt beat him up/put them down for it!!!;)

Low IQ ... that's rich. I have a degree in economics, so I think I have a pretty good grasp on the basic premise of supply and demand, thank you.

It's less capable because it has less features. The recoil tube isn't milled to allow the collapsible stock (that you so dearly love) to collapse, it doesn't have interchangable choke tubes, and it uses the 4 gas port barrel that beats up shell carriers. Clearly, the lack of these features makes the flag and serial number worth the $1500 premium.

You're right, I don't understand the concept of paying double the price for 90% of the shotgun. "Limited Edition" doesn't mean a thing if that limited edition is less capable than a brand new, commonly available, superior in every possible way alternative.

A less capable version of the same thing isn't rare and desirable, it's outdated. Do you want to buy my neon purple 1996 Honda Civic? Only 50 of them were made in that color so it's rare as can be, and clearly is worth 2x what a new Civic would cost.

It's not a matter of "being able to afford it", it's a matter of why on earth would any sane person WANT to buy it in the first place.

Go ahead and waste your money, I don't give a ****. I'll happily sit here and laugh at your foolish antics.

As I said before, if the gun is being purchased for use solely as a paperweight, more power to you. If you actually plan on using the gun ... you're batshit crazy choosing the M1014 over the 11707.

Edited by Duggan

They're not.

It's the same thing with less features and an outdated barrel design.

Only a fool would buy one over a 11707 model.

again ol Duggy you are WRONG!! my m1014 came w/ the 2 port barrel but you seem to know everything!!;) and ONLY A FOOL would whine about someone else buying one!!:rolleyes: if ya dont like em, dont buy one. but there's no reason to put anyone down that wants or has one as you have!!

Daniel333, keep looking for the 1014. I've got that and a 11707 to back it. I've swapped my factory barrel for a shorty and don't understand why chokes are necessary at fifteen feet in my house, which is where this thing lives. American flag receivers are cool, cuz only 2499 other people have one. We work so we can keep the lights on and buy what we want. period.

Thanks guys for sticking up with me. And "m1014" thanks for the PM (cant reply with my post count). I was beginning to think i was crazy. This will be my first actual shotgun purchase. I shot a friends m1014 a few years back and a few other m4's so this is def the gun for me. I live in NY where we cant have collapsible stocks, is the m1014 a true fixed stock or is it 2 positions (all the way opened/closed)?