Benelli M4/1014

SC-Texas

I know, the M4 is not as good as the M2, but I have two of them and frankly I like them.

Some issues that I have ID'd:

Magazine Capcity: 5 in the tube from the factory. I have made mine 922r compliant.

I have the +2 factory extension and the Nordic +2 Nova/Super nova extensions so I now have nine in the tube.

I am about to buy two of the FFG one peice Titanium tubes.

Magazine Spring: What is the roper length spring for a 9rd tube and who makes the best prings? i am using Nordic Components trimmed to about 16" outside the extended tube as a starting point.

Follower:I am using the Noridi Components lightweight follower

Stock: The collapsible/Non collapsible spistol grip stock just doesn't seem as fast as the field stock. so I have ordered field stocks.

Bolt Handle: The stock one seems undersized. I have an over sized on one of my shotguns, was thinking baout an FFG titanium 3/4" charging handle.

Bolt Release: Anyone know where I can get a bolt release button that is brightly colored? I have a purple one on one of my M4s and want something simelar since it makes it real easy to find my shotgun when its in the rack with all the tacticool shotguns.

Trigger: Who makes the best trigger/Hammer assembly?

Anything else?

Carrier modifications?

I know, the M4 is not as good as the M2, but I have two of them and frankly I like them.

Some issues that I have ID'd:

Magazine Capcity: 5 in the tube from the factory. I have made mine 922r compliant.

I have the +2 factory extension and the Nordic +2 Nova/Super nova extensions so I now have nine in the tube.

I am about to buy two of the FFG one peice Titanium tubes.

Good call, although I have had better luck with Kip's products, there is a wait for them. FFT if you want it NOW.

Magazine Spring: What is the roper length spring for a 9rd tube and who makes the best prings? i am using Nordic Components trimmed to about 16" outside the extended tube as a starting point.

The spring that comes with the 7-shot tube from Kip will work fine. I presume FFT's should work, too, as everything I have seen Kip come out with, FFT tends to clone as closely as possible, and a spring isn't exactly rocket-science. I bet they are nearly identical.

Follower:I am using the Noridi Components lightweight follower

Most any should do.

Stock: The collapsible/Non collapsible spistol grip stock just doesn't seem as fast as the field stock. so I have ordered field stocks.

Check out the Urbino?

Bolt Handle: The stock one seems undersized. I have an over sized on one of my shotguns, was thinking baout an FFG titanium 3/4" charging handle.

I didn't like mine. Either get their 1/2" one, or wait until Kip gets his back from finishing in black. I'm going the 2nd route as Kip's are lighter.

Bolt Release: Anyone know where I can get a bolt release button that is brightly colored? I have a purple one on one of my M4s and want something simelar since it makes it real easy to find my shotgun when its in the rack with all the tacticool shotguns.

You could use enamel paint to paint any aftermarket one any color you wanted. Otherwise you are stuck with one of them polymer versions that our out there.

Trigger: Who makes the best trigger/Hammer assembly?

Anything else?

Half dozen one or the other, FFT offers one that is NP3'ed, but it has had some spotty reviews. Stick with stock or Geissele.

Carrier modifications?

Comments in Red.

Really, the M4 is not as good as the M2? I guess I'll cancel my M4 order.
yes the m2 is way better than the m4,,my super black eagle also smokes the m4,swear it ,,I 've own both m1/m4 at the same time in the past,,thats how i can say this.

yes the m2 is way better than the m4,,my super black eagle also smokes the m4,swear it ,,I 've own both m1/m4 at the same time in the past,,thats how i can say this.

Well there it is, the M4 is inferior to the M2. The Marines and our military are misguided and this whole ARGO system is overrated apparently. All you M4 owners should immediately sell your M4s and buy M2s.

Well there it is, the M4 is inferior to the M2. The Marines and our military are misguided and this whole ARGO system is overrated apparently. All you M4 owners should immediately sell your M4s and buy M2s.

Must have missed something. Better suited for a specific purpose. Didn't mean to get wadded up manties!

Must have missed something. Better suited for a specific purpose. Didn't mean to get wadded up manties!

If this is in reference to me, I have nothing wadded up.

My point was, "M1014" completely misses the boat by not providing any explanation as to why the M2 may be superior or in which specific purposes it might excel. Therefore, you must conclude the M2 is "way better" in every respect.

As with anything it's about how you plan to use the gun. I wouldn't use a hunting shotgun for home defense or in a survival situation...even though you could in a pinch. I wouldn't use a home defense shotgun to hunt with either, even though I could do that as well (minus ammo capacity restrictions).

The reality is that there is no single swiss-army-knife Benelli. Each is designed to fill a niche. Saying one is better than the others without qualifying that position misses the point entirely. None is better than the other, it's how you plan to use it.

If this is in reference to me, I have nothing wadded up.

My point was, "M1014" completely misses the boat by not providing any explanation as to why the M2 may be superior or in which specific purposes it might excel. Therefore, you must conclude the M2 is "way better" in every respect.

I'll repeat myself for your benefit......................I've owned,,,shot,,maintinenced both the types of Benellis at the same time,,thats how i ''qualify'' to say the m2 is wayyyyyyyyyy more than the m4,,look at my post at the top of the page,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,manties,,lolol,,lol,,good one,, Edited by M1014

I'll repeat myself for your benefit......................I've owned,,,shot,,maintinenced both the types of Benellis at the same time,,thats how i ''qualify'' to say the m2 is wayyyyyyyyyy more than the m4,,look at my post at the top of the page,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,manties,,lolol,,lol,,good one,,

All I heard was "blah blah blah miss my old gun now blah blah blah" ;)

Edited by Unobtanium

As with anything it's about how you plan to use the gun. I wouldn't use a hunting shotgun for home defense or in a survival situation...even though you could in a pinch. I wouldn't use a home defense shotgun to hunt with either, even though I could do that as well (minus ammo capacity restrictions).

The reality is that there is no single swiss-army-knife Benelli. Each is designed to fill a niche. Saying one is better than the others without qualifying that position misses the point entirely. None is better than the other, it's how you plan to use it.

Exactly, I couldn't agree more, but as post #19 points out, not everyone understands your point. If I was looking to hunt with a Benelli, I would pick something other than an M4. If I was involved in 3 Gun, I would possibly find that the M2 fills that niche best. If I did either activity, I could probably provide reasons and further explanations as to why a particular Benelli model is better or worse than the alternatives.