Trial install on M4

NHnewbie

How is a .357 Magnum revolver easier to handle than say, a Glock 19?

No slide to rack (requires certain level of arm/hand strength), almost no malfunctions to deal with, easily manageable trigger etc. We went down this path, starting with a Sig P226. She shot the P226 quite well but couldnt rack the slide. For some shooters a revolver is the right choice.

No slide to rack (requires certain level of arm/hand strength), almost no malfunctions to deal with, easily manageable trigger etc. We went down this path, starting with a Sig P226. She shot the P226 quite well but couldnt rack the slide. For some shooters a revolver is the right choice.

16 bullets already in the gun without a reload and a 7 pound grigger vs. 3 reloads for a revolver and a 12 pound trigger. Oh well, I'm done trying to figure you two out.

16 bullets already in the gun without a reload and a 7 pound grigger vs. 3 reloads for a revolver and a 12 pound trigger. Oh well, I'm done trying to figure you two out.

Just to be clear: my wife uses a revolver because she can run it consistently and confidently. I use a P226 for the same reasons.

Many women do not have the physical strength to manipulate a semi automatic handgun. If you can't rack the slide, you shouldn't be carrying that weapon. Semi automatics are limp wrist sensitive where a revolver isn't influenced by this at all.

BW: Did you do anything to the bottom of the picatinny rail to match the curvature of the receiver?

BW: Did you do anything to the bottom of the picatinny rail to match the curvature of the receiver?

Depends on the rail segment I am working with; for example, if I wanted to use this Advanced Armament rail segment, I would shape the receiver-side radius with a 1/2 round ******* file (that's funny, apparently the forum doesn't allow one to type a bast$rd file!), a few strokes and you almost have exactly what you need, lightly hand sand the surface for a fine finish, cut-to-length as needed, use the original rail as template to configure hole placements, blacken the surface to personal taste. The aluminum rails are pretty easy to work with. Always work on the cheap parts first !

Screenshot2014-01-09at80300AM_zps99bd6108.png

Screenshot2014-01-09at80322AM_zpsa8b0b9f6.png

I told myself I wouldn't get sucked into this diversion from Trial Install on the M4......guess not.

The little lady of the house keeps this book on the night stand..she's quite capable of shooting anything in the family arsenal, her favorite is .357 Desert Eagle "it's heavy but not much kick". The big Surefire is more important than the contents of the book as it prevents her from always having to point a loaded flashlight about the house as noises are investigated. No magazine release to accidentally hit and drop the full Glock payload on her toes. No hammer to snag on the night robe. No double feed malfunctions or out-of-battery misery in the middle of the night. The Crimson laser obviates the need to acquire any sight picture whatsoever, point-of-aim = point-of-impact; much easier to shoot from cover positions, around corners and over the top of the matress. The 8 lb pull is the same, shot to shot.....it's a cake walk with the adrenaline surge. Only 5 shots....criminals don't run toward gun fire, heroes do....not aware of a single case in north america where a proper citizen was defeated by criminals who did not respect 5 shots in their direction; please provide a citation if you know of one. Criminals never complain about the gun or caliber they were shot with (shouldn't end a sentence with a preposition).

Photos ? Imagine that.

Little magnets in the corners of the book cover provide a secure closure.

OnBorrowedTime0050_zps4ba38bc5.jpg

OnBorrowedTime0051_zpsf9297b6f.jpg

Edited by benelliwerkes

For those that want it both ways, long & short arms......

Noveske N4 10.5" 5.56 with Safariland QLS - rail clamp attachment system for Level 2-3 holsters provide security and lightning fast transition to secondary weapon as needed; keeps everything together in one tidy package.

About 27 lbs loaded? :D

About 27 lbs loaded? :D

Rather than a wild guess such as yours.

The setup above as configured weighs 11 lbs 8 oz.

A SCAR 17 weighs 12 lbs.

A fully loaded M4 18" with 7 round tube & small optic is also just under 12 lbs.

These weapon setups and the accessories used to assemble them were not developed in a vacuum. Rather, they were commercially developed by several companies collaborating in response to requests from military and law enforcement units worldwide to better meet their mission equipment tasking.

The point of the post was to demonstrate kit alternatives that offer flexibility as to the manner in which a secondary weapon can be carried in a unconventional position that suffers no liability in functionality. Not only does the combined carbine-sidearm keep things together for when you need them, with the QLS system you can transfer the level 2-3 holstered pistol to your thigh rig or belt rig in seconds if so desire.

DSCN0367a_zpsf6f4b8c0.jpg

Edited by benelliwerkes

Rather than a wild guess such as yours.

The setup above as configured weighs 11 lbs 8 oz.

My guess was intended to be a humorous SWAG. The 11lb. 8oz is certainly counterintuitive. Is that with a full mag in each firearm? I can appreciate the utility of this setup especially for LEO applications.

What was the reasoning for mounting the pistol to the rifle?

My guess would be a defense scenario, HD predominantly. In such times you are not armed ready to take offensive action, you simply go to grab your go to HD firearm and now you have your primary firearm and a backup all at once.

If you were taking a offensive action, you'd have the sidearm on your side ready to go, that's why i'd guess it's not for that.