What's going on with Kip?

FLAWLS1

Something I've never understood about small companies, is if demand is overflowing, and you cant keep up with production, and are losing sales as a result, why not hire more help?

Greed?

Many UNsucessful companies try to hold out using this ineffective business strategy for a few dwindling years. Perhaps out of old-dog hardheadedness.

I placed an order last year, we will see if it ever comes through.

If I recall correctly, *snip*. Been awhile since I've kept up with things and hopefully they both are doing well

I think airing private personal information about another party on the internet is inappropriate and would advise you to kindly edit your post.

It isn't actually that difficult to find out what is going on with them by simply emailing them directly through the carriercomp website. If anyone is interested they can send an email and then wait patiently for the response. It will come, perhaps not as quickly as one may expect but it will come nonetheless. At least my reply did. And, yeah, I'm still excited to get the mag tube... whenever they can make it.

I've also been patiently waiting for a charging handle. It's the only item remaining to complete my build. That is, if a build can ever truly be "complete." :) With companies like AVA and Scalarworks bringing out improved designs, I keep upgrading my upgrades...

Marcy is doing much better as of late with periodic checkups.

If you would like a mass produced CNC lathe titanium version that is available most of the time, FFT makes one. The machining isn't as nice nor is the color match, but it'll get the job done. The carriercomp units are hand made on a old school lathe. Finding qualified staff to operate an old school manual lathe is becoming more difficult at the price point that we're accustom to. Plus you run in to all the trouble of hiring employee's thanks to Government. I imagine their shot is filled with long spiraling titanium chips from profiling the titanium tube stock down to what we're accustom to seeing. The threading on the titanium tubes is nothing short of perfection.

Carriercomp has stated they want to get back in to production of other accessories; but at most can see they're operating at full capacity and still have backorders of 6-7 months.

OpHow much money does CC generate from m4 parts sales?

How much does it take for 2 people to pay bills and buy food?

How long has carrier comp been in business?

Raise your hand if you think the only things coming out of his shop are for the benelli, or even civilian consumption? Do you remember when he bought a digitally controlled device to properly air harden his a2 combination Ti bolt handles? How many did he sell? 1, 200? Do you all have a clue what that animal cost him? Do you think he just mothballed it afterwards?

There are a ton of blanks in this puzzle that a bit of digging and critical thinking will uncover.

Also of note...their location.

There are just too many things here that fly in the face of what most everyone is presuming about this company.

Our troops. First. Last. Always. Thanks for your service, Kip.

*kip as on occasion made his and his wife's medical history and issue public. They are both, however, doing well. Contact them for more info.

What MIGHT a marine who served actively for 22 years be doing with a machine shop complete with his own air hardening/tempering digitally controlled ovens, lathes, and the ability to machine Ti to 1/10,000th of an inch be doing that has kept him in business since 2008 selling maybe 2/3 of the raw product he allots for tubes because he's so ocd that he has multiple wind chimes made out of the rejects that maybe got a few thousand off? His benelli parts manufacture is a hobby, passion, and generosity to this community, looking at the figures.

Edited by Unobtanium

Marcy is doing much better as of late with periodic checkups.

If you would like a mass produced CNC lathe titanium version that is available most of the time, FFT makes one. The machining isn't as nice nor is the color match, but it'll get the job done. The carriercomp units are hand made on a old school lathe. Finding qualified staff to operate an old school manual lathe is becoming more difficult at the price point that we're accustom to. Plus you run in to all the trouble of hiring employee's thanks to Government. I imagine their shot is filled with long spiraling titanium chips from profiling the titanium tube stock down to what we're accustom to seeing. The threading on the titanium tubes is nothing short of perfection.

Carriercomp has stated they want to get back in to production of other accessories; but at most can see they're operating at full capacity and still have backorders of 6-7 months.

OpHow much money does CC generate from m4 parts sales?

How much does it take for 2 people to pay bills and buy food?

How long has carrier comp been in business?

Raise your hand if you think the only things coming out of his shop are for the benelli, or even civilian consumption? Do you remember when he bought a digitally controlled device to properly air harden his a2 combination Ti bolt handles? How many did he sell? 1, 200? Do you all have a clue what that animal cost him? Do you think he just mothballed it afterwards?

There are a ton of blanks in this puzzle that a bit of digging and critical thinking will uncover.

Also of note...their location.

There are just too many things here that fly in the face of what most everyone is presuming about this company.

Our troops. First. Last. Always. Thanks for your service, Kip.

*kip as on occasion made his and his wife's medical history and issue public. They are both, however, doing well. Contact them for more info.

What MIGHT a marine who served actively for 22 years be doing with a machine shop complete with his own air hardening/tempering digitally controlled ovens, lathes, and the ability to machine Ti to 1/10,000th of an inch be doing that has kept him in business since 2008 selling maybe 2/3 of the raw product he allots for tubes because he's so ocd that he has multiple wind chimes made out of the rejects that maybe got a few thousand off? His benelli parts manufacture is a hobby, passion, and generosity to this community, looking at the figures.

I hope these two posts weren't directed towards me. I've never had a problem with waiting on high quality parts.

I've also been patiently waiting for a charging handle. It's the only item remaining to complete my build. That is, if a build can ever truly be "complete." :) With companies like AVA and Scalarworks bringing out improved designs, I keep upgrading my upgrades...

I had one of the fabled CC Black Ti handles and included it with a build I sold a while back because the guy INSISTED and paid dearly for that insisting.

That said, I inquired about them, and here is what I was told: " Bolt knobs...well, have to still wait and see on those! " as of Jan 9, 2017, that is the status.

Honestly? The factory bolt handle and factory bolt-release have come back in vogue with me for various reasons, not that I wouldn't snag another CC handle simply because they are awesome, but I am not crying over not having one because "my shotgun can't be completed without it" either.

No, my posts were not directed at you. I'm not THAT passive aggressive. I try to quote people if I'm going to say something to or about them, although sometimes I quote one person, and talk to another, lol!