Salvo 12 Suppressor on M4 SBS

DFWSFO

I’m looking into getting a Salvo 12 suppressor, but if I do, I would want to SBS my (currently stock 18.5” barrel) M4. As I understand it though, the SBS barrel is not threaded for chokes, which is how the Salvo 12 attaches. Has anybody encountered this or found a way around it? Any suggestions? 

@DFWSFO  Thanks for pulling me in

This is great to hear.  Steve at Rose Action got back to me last night and said no go on threading a M1 Super 90 14" factory barrel as it is too thin for Crio chokes.  He advised they can do a Tru-Choke on a Benelli barrel, but SilencerCo doesn't have a Tru-Choke adapter for the Salvo.  So I need to ping SilencerCo and see if there are any updates on that front.   

@jimbo45  Which barrel model and length did you send them?  I have a M1 Super 90 and considering buying the 14" barrel for it therefore this is very interesting to me.  

• 5 months later...

@jimbo45 have you ever shot Federal Top Gun Low Recoil Subsonics through your Benelli M4 entry and Salvo 12.  I have been wanting to build one to run with my Salvo and wanted to confirm it will cycle with a 12 ga subsonic shell.  I shoot them through my 870 with salvo and they are stupid quiet.  
Thanks! 

Edited by kscz28

18 hours ago, kscz28 said:

@jimbo45 have you ever shot Federal Top Gun Low Recoil Subsonics through your Benelli M4 entry and Salvo 12.  I have been wanting to build one to run with my Salvo and wanted to confirm it will cycle with a 12 ga subsonic shell.  I shoot them through my 870 with salvo and they are stupid quiet.  
Thanks! 

I have not but might be trying some soon and I'll be able to let you know