Best Benelli M4 Weapon Light Setup 2022 [New Stuff]

atlantixyl

Try flipping that HotButton around so the activation button faces forward. It's now my favorite light activation setup. It's a lot more comfortable to pull your thumb rearward than to reach for a button with 12 gauge recoil. You have full momentary control of the light output, and even under recoil, the worst that will happen is you'll click it to constant on. Looming the HotButton's wire thru the inside of the rail keeps the snag hazards and damage to a minimum. The only exposed wire is what comes off the back of the light and immediately goes into the rail.

I haven't found a rail for the Benelli M4 that I like. The attachment systems have been extremely poorly designed. I tolerate the Mesa Tactical Truckee since it gives me the mounting position and longer handguard that I want. I need to get a hold of a Briley 13" rail to see if it is any better. I may notch the rail so that even less of the wire is exposed.

ZZ8t2JJ.jpg

VS9DSku.jpg

uJrlZWj.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 2/20/2022 at 11:07 PM, atlantixyl said:

Check out this setup and see what you think.

Don't like the 1.5" offset from the barrel.

Their have been a number of good setups in the past, AVA tactical mount being one of them. Pretty easy to mount a picatinny rail to a factory rail panel as well.

That said I like a SureFire forend tri-rail.

DSCN0463 copy.JPG

DSCN0469a copy.jpg

DSCN0483a copy.jpg

DSCN0504 copy.JPG

DSCN0542a copy.jpg

DSCN0567 copy.JPG

DSCN0581a copy.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 6.00.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 6.00.58 PM.png

DSCN2155Benelli 14" Entry copy.JPG

DSCN2164a copy 2Benelli 14" Entry copy.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 2/21/2022 at 7:27 AM, StrangerDanger said:

Try flipping that HotButton around so the activation button faces forward. It's now my favorite light activation setup. It's a lot more comfortable to pull your thumb rearward than to reach for a button with 12 gauge recoil. You have full momentary control of the light output, and even under recoil, the worst that will happen is you'll click it to constant on. Looming the HotButton's wire thru the inside of the rail keeps the snag hazards and damage to a minimum. The only exposed wire is what comes off the back of the light and immediately goes into the rail.

I haven't found a rail for the Benelli M4 that I like. The attachment systems have been extremely poorly designed. I tolerate the Mesa Tactical Truckee since it gives me the mounting position and longer handguard that I want. I need to get a hold of a Briley 13" rail to see if it is any better. I may notch the rail so that even less of the wire is exposed.

ZZ8t2JJ.jpg

VS9DSku.jpg

uJrlZWj.jpg

I am still considering to undertake a foregrip/hand guard.  I have not had the time, nor am I sure I want to commit the finances to such a product.  One of the best thing about the M4 is the takedown without tools IMO.  There is currently no after market handguard that accomplishes this feat while also giving some mounting options.  

Edited by RxArms
  • Upvote 2

I agree. The rail systems are generally retarded dog shit. You can pull the barrel assembly out without tools and access the bolt carrier. You only need tools of you want to service the Argo system. I don’t like that, but I’ll live with it until someone makes something better. 

On the other hand, the light placement and activation system is the best I’ve ever used. Flipping the button around so you pull towards you was the game changer, particularly on heavy recoiling platforms. The internal looming of the wire protects the wire from actual use where it’s snagging on gear or getting laid on the rocks. The HotButton is better than any switch I’ve ever used and I plan to adapt the style to my rifles as funds allow. I’ll have the IR head by mid March and I plan on going on an adventure with the Benelli in mid April out into the Mojave desert. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, RxArms said:

I am still considering to undertake a foregrip/hand guard.  I have not had the time, nor am I sure I want to commit the finances to such a product.  One of the best thing about the M4 is the takedown without tools IMO.  There is currently no after market handguard that accomplishes this feat while also giving some mounting options.  

Briley handguards are toolless.

• 5 months later...