WTB Benelli M4 14” barrel

Gilgamesh

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gilgamesh said:

I could just do that with my current 18”. I’d spend less just selling the current benelli I have at a loss and buying the entry model. 

Cutting an 18 to a 14 is not a great way to go.  The design of the barrel is such the OD increases at the end where the sights are, if you cut it down the OD will not be nearly as thick at the new end.

5 hours ago, RxArms said:

Cutting an 18 to a 14 is not a great way to go.  The design of the barrel is such the OD increases at the end where the sights are, if you cut it down the OD will not be nearly as thick at the new end.

Thanks for letting me know, the place that quoted me didn’t mention that haha. For the price they quoted it didn’t make sense to do it anyways though. 

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh said:

Thanks for letting me know, the place that quoted me didn’t mention that haha. For the price they quoted it didn’t make sense to do it anyways though. 

Not only do you have to think about the sights but also the front barrel ring.  Both of these items are made for the thickness of the barrel at the front.  Not the middle.

2 hours ago, RxArms said:

Not only do you have to think about the sights but also the front barrel ring.  Both of these items are made for the thickness of the barrel at the front.  Not the middle.

I had one done by kings armory out of Az years ago.They shimmed sight and lug.Have put thru over thousand rounds never one problem

Edited by rubicon20032003
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, rubicon20032003 said:

I had one done by kings armory out of Az years ago.They shimmed sight and lug.Have put thru over thousand rounds never one problem

Interesting I thought it would be more complicated due to the taper that is present.  Might be a good option for OP then with the right gunsmith of course.