Titanium Benelli M4 follower

RxArms

Hey all,

I got a lot of irons in the fire but looking to get more in there.

curious if any interest in a non USA titanium follower?  I’m in Canada and this follower will not help at all with 922(r), so I’ve just back burnered the idea.  But curious if anyone would be interested?

Would be plain finish titanium. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jsr1014 said:

What does changing the follower really do?

I'd really be interested in a light mount with sling attachment, one that does not utilize the mag tube as a mounting point.

not that much outside of 922r compliance. however, many manufacturers make brightly colored followers to make it more visible so that the user is seeing the follower and not the end of a shell to show an empty magazine. there is also manufacturers that leave a big fat hole in the follower so that u can feel that the magazine tube is empty by feeling the hole and not the flat edge of a shotshell. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, RxArms said:

Ya I gotta be honest I’m probably not doing this.  Thanks for all the input guys.

we appreciate all your attempts at innovation! any ideas for a different safety, the TTI and Daves metal works are both nice, but I can see a different design flourishing 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, brightt said:

we appreciate all your attempts at innovation! any ideas for a different safety, the TTI and Daves metal works are both nice, but I can see a different design flourishing 

What kind of design are you wanting?  I was going to get into the safety next at some point.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RxArms said:

What kind of design are you wanting?  I was going to get into the safety next at some point.

something that is easier to actuate

maybe a dimpled or checkered/knurled texture, maybe round but concave to naturally adhere to the shape of the human finger pad

it could even be mushroom shaped but as long as the texture is really good!

on both sides, I dont like how the left side is a flat untextured small circle

Edited by brightt
  • Upvote 2

Would love to see what you come up with for a safety but I hope it includes a safety indicator line. Currently have a TTI and that's one of my biggest issues with it and has made me want to switch from it multiple times. Its fine if you are using your own platform but with a secondary shooter it always concerns me a bit.

1 hour ago, Ihrinwe said:

Would love to see what you come up with for a safety but I hope it includes a safety indicator line. Currently have a TTI and that's one of my biggest issues with it and has made me want to switch from it multiple times. Its fine if you are using your own platform but with a secondary shooter it always concerns me a bit.

i agree with this. i have the same issue with the tti safety. just haven’t gotten around doing anything about it. looks to be that something like briley safety is the next best option. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/27/2023 at 6:34 PM, RxArms said:

I like the TTI one because in my gun it was crisp and positive. And the triangle design just kind of guided my finger in to position. But I hated that big ass T on the side 🫤. I like the Dave's safety but the one I had had serrations/ridges? that I don't care for because it caused resistance. I'm using one made for a Stoeger that is smooth and large,similar to Daves but it feels mushy. It's not the spring or plunger, I have fresh spares of those. So I guess if I could make my own, it would follow the TTI design but loose the logo/ridges, or be like the SJ Hardware 870 safety. Indicator lines would be a plus too. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

It’d be nice if the safety had the red ring milled and painted-in.

As far as the follower goes, ti tends to get hung up on ti, and those of us with ti tubes would probably pass for that reason.  

Hoping you might try a clamshell hanguard like the factory, but made out of aluminum with mlok slots.  Slim where the hand goes, as stock, a little more clearance around the pistons for mlok clearance.  No set screw.  Just like stock.