Looking to buy M4 collapsible stock

Tc110813

On 10/27/2023 at 5:32 PM, Tc110813 said:

I'm assuming it would be illegal for me to buy such an item if I live in the US from Canada? Otherwise I feel like everyone would be doing it lol. That's crazy... 

No. It’s that most Canadian dealers don’t want to mess with the import BS. 

9 hours ago, M2_shootr said:

No. It’s that most Canadian dealers don’t want to mess with the import BS. 

Ya I think so, I’d have to look into Italian made parts importing into USA.  All my items are Canadian made and have certain exemption status with the USA.  I don’t think it’s the same for countries outside of North America.

Edited by RxArms
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RxArms said:

Ya I think so, I’d have to look into Italian made parts importing into USA.  All my items are Canadian made and have certain exemption status with the USA.  I don’t think it’s the same for countries outside of North America.

I’m a fan of your work……for the m4 as well as x95

• Upvote 2

@RxArms JUST purchased an M1014 and have been looking at a few of the buffer tubes that allow for the stock to actually adjust. I like the idea of the 6 positions for a more ergonomical LOP which pretty much leaves you and Briley as the only seemingly reputable options from the "research" I have done. Aside from US/CAN manufacturing, are there any real differences between the two other than cost? Obviously you are biased, but what would you say your product offers that the other doesn't? Have you had any issues with shipping them to the US? Any and all info would be much appreciated!

Already ordered all of my asinie 922(r) compliant parts to be clear.

Edited by Icarus2.0

Our tube notches are heat treated to prevent deformation.  Which does make a difference, Also a custom PVD surface finish.  Aside from those technical benefits. It is $120 cheaper 😕

no issues at all shipping to USA, been doing it for years.  Shipped thousands of packages down there by now.

Edited by RxArms
  • Upvote 3

On 10/27/2023 at 10:47 AM, RxArms said:

Fun fact, in Canada I got one from a dealer brand new for CA$330, or US$240.

the USA dealers are price gouging bad on these.

So I just found one on a forum and the stock is from Canada.. would that be legal to buy and have shipped from there to me in the US? I looked it up and there's a ton of different answers on reddit and other forums. 

2 hours ago, Tc110813 said:

So I just found one on a forum and the stock is from Canada.. would that be legal to buy and have shipped from there to me in the US? I looked it up and there's a ton of different answers on reddit and other forums. 

I don’t know, it is made in Italy.  I’ve never tried to send something made in Italy to the USA.

@RxArms

I just checked the ATF website, and looked at your website and while I agree I don't know about importing the italian part to the US, the form 6 exemption on the ATF website is pretty clear that sporting shotgun parts are exempt from having to file a form 6 to import the part. Honestly, just looking at all this has given me a headache and I commend you on the research you did and your ability to offer parts to US customers. It's absolutely insane to me that we have these rules... but what do I know, I'm just a civilian lol

2 hours ago, Tc110813 said:

@RxArms

I just checked the ATF website, and looked at your website and while I agree I don't know about importing the italian part to the US, the form 6 exemption on the ATF website is pretty clear that sporting shotgun parts are exempt from having to file a form 6 to import the part. Honestly, just looking at all this has given me a headache and I commend you on the research you did and your ability to offer parts to US customers. It's absolutely insane to me that we have these rules... but what do I know, I'm just a civilian lol

I would follow what I do on my product pages, use the same customs code and customs description.  Yes it was quite time consuming to look through all the handbooks and ATF laws, but it all made sense in the end.  And it helped me know the laws and rules for shipping my items to USA without issues.

@sonyman74

I am putting together my M4 very similar to yours. After putting on the handguard and my light, I noticed it may be beneficial to get some sort of wire management. I see you have one. What did you go with and how do you like it?

Also, I see you utilized the brass screws in the MWI handguard. Did you notoce any play in yours before you set them? Mine had a little at the forened but the point closest to the receiver took quite a bit of force to get it set in. Still had a slight bit of movement so I decided to put them in. How have you liked the MWI rail overall?

Edited by Icarus2.0

Sorry for the long wait on the reply, but @sonyman74 I appreciate the offer. I did in fact find one used, so I'm sure someone will snag yours right up. Man, I had no idea how awesome this collapsible stock made the shotgun feel. I was hesitant to start spending MORE money on an already expensive shotgun... but I can't help myself lol. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2023 at 9:22 PM, Icarus2.0 said:

@sonyman74

I am putting together my M4 very similar to yours. After putting on the handguard and my light, I noticed it may be beneficial to get some sort of wire management. I see you have one. What did you go with and how do you like it?

Also, I see you utilized the brass screws in the MWI handguard. Did you notoce any play in yours before you set them? Mine had a little at the forened but the point closest to the receiver took quite a bit of force to get it set in. Still had a slight bit of movement so I decided to put them in. How have you liked the MWI rail overall?

Sorry for the delay in response. Mine is rock solid. But, I did put some small pieces of material (the grip tape from Talon Grips) where the screws touch the gun to help from messing with the finish. 

Here is a link to the small cable clips I used. 

Guardtier CGM909 Pressure Switch... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B3DTT386?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Edited by sonyman74
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, sonyman74 said:

And I meant to put $350 for the Benelli Collapsible stock for those interested   

Damn for that price I’m sure someone will jump on it really soon. I thought I was content with having a Mesa urbino since I’m in California and the adjustment doesn’t do me any good but I must say I’m thinkin about it.