M4: Carrier Comp Charging Handle For Sale - Worth it's weight in gold?

ArizonaM4

Hey there fellow M4 peeps,

I have a ~2009 Benelli M4 and in 2010 I got both a Carrier Comp Ti tube and Ti/Steel charging handle (pre black cerakote).  I haven't changed anything on it in all of these years and haven't really even shot it much because I was out of the country for half of that time.  

As I was scrolling the forums, it seems that the CC Ti charging handle has appreciated handsomely in price!  I heard $500 thrown around.  

I weighed the handle at 9.32 grams on a very accurate scale.

Gold right now is $2024.90/oz

Assuming my handle is made solid 24k gold, it is worth $606.75. 

So it is not worth it's weight in gold after all.  haha!

Pics below (The blue pic is not mine; it is to show the difference between handles).

It has been on the gun for ~13 years, but only ~300 rounds or so.  

I'm definitely open to selling this extremely hard to find item for ~500.

I understand I just made my first post today and it is a for sale thread, but I have an ebay account with 100% postive feedback with over 1k items sold.  

PC042217.JPG

PC042222.JPG

PC042223.JPG

PC042228.JPG

1377528196_ScreenShot2020-08-11at6_27_39PM.png.b8b187e79f7c7df1ec8fc88f7962c3c4.png

1 hour ago, John Doe said:

$500 for a charging handle????? Why??? What makes it so special? 

haha!  Yeah, I don't know exactly, but this thing was the first of its kind and you know how people get about a certain brand or product and then the internet turns it into a big thing.  

They stopped making them something like 10 years ago and when they change hands these days, it is for ~500.

So I guess it is due to the Kip Carrier fanboys and the extreme rarity.  I will say it is a super duper nice part.  You can't even tell where it goes from Ti to Steel.  I bet they were pretty hard/costly to make.  Everyone obviously loves his Ti tubes as well.  I think I waited 6 months for mine, but back in the day sometimes the wait list was over a year.

Lighter than the OEM part and WAY better feel!

I don't know why I own a $2k shotgun either, but I love it too!

Edited by ArizonaM4

1 minute ago, brightt said:

Geissele hammer np3 coated is one thing, a charging handle is another, good luck, I would be surprised if someone would even pay half of what your asking.

Hey, this isn't helping!  

Look at some of the other gun forums / auction sites.  500 is pretty standard.  Try to even find one for sale.  Let me know if you do.

24 minutes ago, brightt said:

these are rare, value wise though?? rare items you cant buy prices are set by the buyers, see collapsible stocks and agency handguards for example

Geissele hammer np3 coated is one thing, a charging handle is another, good luck, I would be surprised if someone would even pay half of what your asking.

wouldn't surprise me though if you found someone who makes more than what they know what to do with, people pay $100+ bucks for FCD dust covers and KAC optic battery covers so 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

interested to see though!

I feel so attacked..... 😭 Hey I'm retired and everything's paid for, I'm not gonna sit on my death bed wishing I had bought that Geissele hammer I'm gonna buy that shit! Good luck with your sale OP it is indeed a unicorn. 

• Like 2

I mean I get it. I am a bit of a bibliophile and have some pretty rare books that I have spent more on than this charging handle, so there are dumb people like me out there lol. But man I can't seem to bring myself to pay that much for that specific item. Good luck OP, hope you get what you want for it. Please keep us updated.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

I had one several years ago and had no interest in selling it until someone offered me 400 dollars for it around 2018. Used with minor scuffs and all.

No regrets selling it. 

490 in today's dollars (if you even believe the crazy low 'official' inflation rate).

7 hours ago, John Doe said:

I mean I get it. I am a bit of a bibliophile and have some pretty rare books that I have spent more on than this charging handle, so there are dumb people like me out there lol. But man I can't seem to bring myself to pay that much for that specific item. Good luck OP, hope you get what you want for it. Please keep us updated.

So are you buying this or what?  Haha.  Thanks for the encouragement and I will certainly keep you updated.  Maybe ebay soon as suggested.

• Like 1