turkey turkey turkey

sbeIIfan

I just sent back a Rhino .673 in exchange for a .660 SBE1. I wish I would have known Rhino Joe was going to be at the NWTF convention...it would have saved me a week and $20 in S&H.

All of my chokes are dead on for point of aim. My Rhino was 6-8 inches to the right at 30-40 yards. Rhino swears it's my gun. Is this common for one choke to be this far off while the others on the money? The pattern was nice and round, but too open with the Win XRs & HVs.

I ordered the Jellyhead choke tube, but now for the good stuff. I am going to use turkey decoys. How many should I place out in the field? How close should they be to me? Any good tips for turkey hunting in general would be great! THANK YOU ALOT! :cool:

I am glad you went with the Jellyhead. I think you will love it... Let us know how it patterns. I would suggest 2 or 3 decoys. Either 2 hens and 1 jake. or 1 jake and one hen. Or sometimes just 1 hen is good enough... I usually place them any where from 15 to 25 yards away from my set up. Advice... Keep your head down on that stock! I would know. Because i missed two turkeys... A big nice tom and a jake because i didnt have my head on the stock. This was my 1st year turkey hunting when that happened.. Last year. my 3rd year... Was very succesful. I shot my first turkey.. a jake. 11 pounds, 5 3/4 inch beard. with little nubs for spurs... If your gun is double beaded.. Keep your head down on that stock... line the beads up. put it about mid to lower neck area... and let em have it.. If your gun is not double beaded i would recommend getting some tru glo or hi viz fiber optic sights. My 20 Gauge Wingmaster is single beaded and for turkey season i always have fiber optic sights on it. That away it makes me put my head on the stock... And last but not least... for my advice.. Have fun! Dont let a missed shot keep you out of the woods. Keep trying and never give up. I missed twice before i finally figured out that my first choke and load wasnt right... (i had a hastings 20 Gauge choke and was using federal copper plated shot) Then i bought the Jellyhead and lets just say my 3rd year of turkey hunting was good.. cause i Jellyheaded em!

Good Luck This Spring,

BenelliBoy

Originally posted by 69beers:

I just sent back a Rhino .673 in exchange for a .660 SBE1. I wish I would have known Rhino Joe was going to be at the NWTF convention...it would have saved me a week and $20 in S&H.

All of my chokes are dead on for point of aim. My Rhino was 6-8 inches to the right at 30-40 yards. Rhino swears it's my gun. Is this common for one choke to be this far off while the others on the money? The pattern was nice and round, but too open with the Win XRs & HVs.

Got the 2" .660 for my SBE1. Absolutely awesome with Winchester Xtended Range 3 1/2" #5s & #6s and 3" #6s. Point of aim is right on with this choke. Killer pattern for Hevi-Shot Dead Coyote too.