[B]Matt Hughes vs. Royce Gracie[/B]

usmarine

Wow i'm glad to see there are some mma fans on this forum. Been a fan myself since UFC 20. As for Saturday night i'm going with Hughes via TKO. I'm most interested in the Vera vs. Silva fight. Brandon Vera could be a savage in the future.

Penn is a stud, shocked me when I watched it happened. I would love to see the re match but of course it won't happen b/c Penn lost to St. Pierre. Saturday night I just don't see matt giving up his back and getting rear naked choked. I think he is just too strong and has unbelievable wrestling skills that will keep him out of trouble. Royce dominated early in the sport b/c he was much smarter than the brawlers he faced. Gracie Jiu Jitsu is nothing new to todays's fighters. I have all the respect in the world for Royce, the guy is a freking animal b/c back then he would fight multiple times a night bare knuckled and against guys much heavier than him. Saturday night he will be beat by a better fighter plain and simple. I'm not a big fan of Hughes and I can't wait till he fights St. Pierre for the belt. That is going to be out of control.

When St. Pierre beat Penn he earned his chance to fight for the belt. Hughes and St. Pierre are going to fight in October. Should be Very interesting, remember Hughes arm barred Georges last time. I predict St. Pierre to beat matt in the re match, which is fine with me b/c he is a freaking stud. Who knows about penn, I think he is going to have to work his way back through the system which he should easily do. I read an article that Royce is going to make 1.3 million for the fight tonight. Biggest payday given to a UFC fighter. HUghes will probably make 250K.

Does anyone know if Penn is going to return to UFC anyway?

Yeah, from what I saw of Hughe's house, he lives pretty frugally. Like in a 2 or 3 bedroom rambler. He seems like a pretty cool guy. Laid back, not full of himself.

Plus, he has a lot of guns and loves to shoot them he said. Got to admit that's a good thing.

[ 05-27-2006, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: usmarine ]

Is it Royce, or Hoyce? It's spelled Royce but it always sounds like they are saying Hoyce Gracie.

Anyway - yeah, if Royce only shows up with what he knew back then, he's going to get his @ss handed to him. But watching the countdown show that featured him and Hughes he said right there that he was training the other styles, which means that the "Gracie method" couldn't stand up to a modern MMA fighter any more.

I'd like to see Hughes win. That's one tough farm boy right there.

As for the money - Hughes better make as much as Gracie. To pay one 1.3 million and the other 250k is bullcrap. I'm doubting the validity of that.

Originally posted by usmarine:

The money thing is what Matt Hughes said, he said that Gracie gets paid $1.3 million and he himself gets far less.

Where is that at? The UFC site or where?

Originally posted by usmarine:

It is spelled Royce.....but it is pronounced "Hoyce".

Hope that clears it up.

Strange, but ok. smile.gif

Exactly what I thought would happen, happened. Can't believe he survived the arm bar attempt. Hughes leaked what Gracie was making on an interview with MMA weekly. They usually will post the fighter payouts in like a week or so. YOu can see it on sherdog.com. When you see what the fighters are making it will make you sick. Most of the undercard guys will make very little.

Why is that sick? They train hard, work hard, and fight hard, they deserve to get paid. What's the difference between them and football or basketball players????

There still not making $40 million for 5 yrs.

It takes awhile to get to the top. And when you do, you should get paid.

No one wants to pay a guy who loses 20 fights in a row and doesn't win. Would you?

WOW--I was waiting to see something pop out of Royce's elbow. I would BET that it was injured. Gotta give him props for not tapping on that one, but **** was that a lopsided fight. Royce looked like he was going to cry after the fight was over.

---Mildot

It's not a website.

It's binary Usenet and the group is alt.binaries.mma.

This is what the Internet was before the www showed up and took over.

Most people don't even know it still exists, or that it ever did.

Once you get it, and really get into it, you won't be able to leave it alone.

Unless you already know binary Usenet, you won't be downloading it today.

You need a binary reader like Forte Agent, WinPAR & WinRAR to re-assemble the parts, and DivX codecs to play them.

I've just given you more of a head start than anyone ever gave me for Usenet.

The rest is up to you.