you guys are scaring me!

BPUL2113

I currently own an SBE1, which functions flawlessly, however i am considering giving it to my youngest boy and buying an SBE2. but with all the problems this model seems to be having i am a little concerned why so many problems especially jammimg problems with this model. At $1600.00 a pop and all the hype it doesnt seem to be living up to the SBE1 reputation ofr functionability. any thoughts before i plop down the money?

Edited by BPUL2113

Keep in mind that most Benelli owners never seek out these forums, because they are quite happy with the performance of their shotguns.

Forum such as these will always draw a disproportional number of customers who are having one problem or another.

In the whole scheme of things, the problem to ownership ratio must be quite insignificant.

As someone who has had prior experiences with the SBE, you have already proven that your shooting style and form are very much in sync with the Inertia drive's way of doing things.

It is highly unlikely that you will have any problems whatsoever, but on the off chance that you do, you can rest assured that Benelli CS is second to none.

Yes indeed. You have to consider that this is where unsatisfied Benelli owners go to complain, or simply ask for advice.

I can tell you that I purchases an SBEII last spring and it has behaved FLAWLESSLY throughout the hunting season. I probably put 10 boxes of shells through the gun without a SINGLE issue.

I have been one of those "silent," satisfied customers. I bought an SBEII last spring and have since shot more than 600 rounds through it without any problems whatsover. It has been a joy to shoot, carry in the uplands, and even clean.

This fall, my SBEII performed flawlessly to hunt sharptails and huns in Montana, quail and chukar in California, and quail in Arizona. I have also shot it on the range, for trap, and for patterning 2 3/4" through 3 1/2" lead and steel shells, all without any malfunctions.

Over the years, I have owned and used Browning, Remington, Winchester, and even though I am reluctant to admit it, Mossberg pumps, autos, and break-actions. The Benelli SBEII is, by far, my favorite.

I also have three hunting buddies who have SBEII's and rave about them.

Keep in mind that most Benelli owners never seek out these forums, because they are quite happy with the performance of their shotguns.

Forum such as these will always draw a disproportional number of customers who are having one problem or another.

In the whole scheme of things, the problem to ownership ratio must be quite insignificant.

As someone who has had prior experiences with the SBE, you have already proven that your shooting style and form are very much in sync with the Inertia drive's way of doing things.

It is highly unlikely that you will have any problems whatsoever, but on the off chance that you do, you can rest assured that Benelli CS is second to none.

AMEN!!!!!!!!

(To get "at least 10 characters").

AMEN!!!!!!!!

(To get "at least 10 characters").

I'm one of the few that has had some issues with mine but the folks at bass pro shops and the cs at benelli has been great. With alot of companies and dealers, When you get the gun in your hands it's yours. Neither bass pro or benelli has done me like that. My problems has been theirs. You have got to respect a dealer and company that stands behind their products.

Best Shotgun i have owned! Had mine since 2003 and not 1 malfunction, but i did take some time to familiarize myself with break-inn procedures, operational procedures and Maintenance prior to firing first round. I also patterned numerous loads and chokes prior to going hunting! Dealer said use 3 boxes of the heaviest loads i ever planned to use in it prior to shooting light loads! They were told by Benelli Rep this was very important for proper operation after break-inn!

new to hunting-used the sbe 2 for 2 years, about a thousand rounds for goose, dove, and sporting clays. learned from this forum how to clean it. cycles even 1 oz, even though it should be 1 & 1\8 oz. last couple days for goose the temp was around 15 degrees & no problems at all. it is one great gun. easy to clean & reliable.