US Made follower

Nemesis

I know that some have said that the ATF letter "does not apply to us," but I think it is a gray area. Being one who firmly believe in following the law and wanting to play it safe.....I have a question about followers.

Can anyone tell me who makes the BEST US Made follower for the M4?

FYI, I emailed Surecycle and they said that their follower will not work well with a full length mag tube. I was shocked to hear this and wonder if they misspoke.

I know that some have said that the ATF letter "does not apply to us," but I think it is a gray area. Being one who firmly believe in following the law and wanting to play it safe.....I have a question about followers.

Can anyone tell me who makes the BEST US Made follower for the M4?

FYI, I emailed Surecycle and they said that their follower will not work well with a full length mag tube. I was shocked to hear this and wonder if they misspoke.

Their follower should work fine, but the OEM follower is better as it is lighter. I owned one of theirs, and I see no reason for it to not work, however, not sure if it would limit capacity or not, it might lose you 1 round.

Sounds like a typo or something. If the Sure Cycle works well with their extension tubes I don't see any reason it wouldn't like a one piece FL tube. I have a Sure Cycle follower I bought for my M1S90 with one of their springs.

the quality seems great but I also just got the Brownell's follower (U.S. made) that StrangerDanger recommended.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=20384/Product/SHOTGUN_FOLLOWERS

Hookster

Sounds like a typo or something. If the Sure Cycle works well with their extension tubes I don't see any reason it wouldn't like a one piece FL tube. I have a Sure Cycle follower I bought for my M1S90 with one of their springs.

the quality seems great but I also just got the Brownell's follower (U.S. made) that StrangerDanger recommended.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=20384/Product/SHOTGUN_FOLLOWERS

Hookster

Did you get the stainless steel one on the Alum. one?

The aluminum will be lighter. However, these parts don't weigh much to begin with. They both cost the same too.

Off topic, here are a couple shots of that Diamond Back.

3818031727_d3717341f8.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3520/3818031727_d3717341f8_b.jpg

3818031133_964f1b7093.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2505/3818031133_964f1b7093_b.jpg

He was on a common range where people shoot. Lots of kids in the area. Apparently no sighting in was needed for the Aimpoint. Took his head clean off.

Rattlers out here rarely rattle anymore. They let you walk right up on them before striking. We had two of them yesterday. The other was so far away from where people normally are, he was left alone.

Is this in compliance:

Surecycle

Mag tube

Follower

Forend

charge handle

Mag spring

Sights

I replace all the above.

A US made FL mag tube, Follower and Forend would do it. The other parts you mention aren't on the list so they have no affect on your parts count (assuming your stock is not collapsable and assuming you're using a "M4 is comprised of 13 imported parts" letter as your reference.

Hookster

Sorry to be so uneducated about gun laws, I'm new, and trying to learn as much as possible as quickly as I can, and you all have been very helpful--thank you--, but why does a collapsible stock make a difference??. If it's made by Benelli for an M4, why is that different than the standard pistol grip stock, as far as number of imported parts is concerned; or is there another factor involved?

A US made FL mag tube, Follower and Forend would do it. The other parts you mention aren't on the list so they have no affect on your parts count (assuming your stock is not collapsable and assuming you're using a "M4 is comprised of 13 imported parts" letter as your reference.

Hookster

Sorry to be so uneducated about gun laws, I'm new, and trying to learn as much as possible as quickly as I can, and you all have been very helpful--thank you--, but why does a collapsible stock make a difference??. If it's made by Benelli for an M4, why is that different than the standard pistol grip stock, as far as number of imported parts is concerned; or is there another factor involved?

Because the collapsible stock has two separate parts. Additionally, the collapsible stock is not generally recognized as particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes. The fixed one piece pistol grip stock on the other hand is suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes, which is why the M4 is imported that way.

• 1 month later...

Im not sure if this will work on the Benelli (cant see why it would not, however), but you might also look into the Vang Comp stainless followers. I have one in my Mossberg 590 and it has functioned flawlessly. This follower seems deep enough to keep the mag spring in check, but shallow enough to still allow for "true" capacity.

Im currently looking into acquiring one for my Benelli SuperNova Tactical.