M4 Full mag tube question

AR-BALLISTIC

I tried that already..(Uh..Not the white stuff)...but I heated it to over 280DegreeF.....According to "LocSeal"n It supposedly breaks dn @ 150C....Thats BS....it ain't move'n...I used a rubber Knoxx wrench..designed for Mag tube removal..still ..No Joy....

I still think I'll get neg satisfaction till I kill the SOB that put it on there... :D tongue.gif

Originally posted by stockplayer:

quote:
Originally posted by jmikesteen:

Someone deleted my Elmers Comment, weird!!!

They do not want any sarcasm in this thread Wait a minute, Why should this thread be different from any other?

And they locked up M1014's Benelli M1014---6''entry gun , Guess they decided it was an NFA weapon tongue.gif

[ 09-16-2006, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: jmikesteen ]

Ahhhhhhhhh...Awwww..Snif-Snifff!!.....The smell of melting runny Benelli LOC-SEAL.....smells soooo Gooood!......It...It........Gives me the feeling of .....VICTORY!!!!...Heh-heh!..

Got me a better heat gun...that Father Stabber came right out & thru ITSELF in cuffs!!!

Buffed the M4 threads out with a cordless dremel ..Miltube fits like a glove...Fit's like 10"s in my third wife!!..[Not mine..but somebodys anyways... tongue.gif :eek: :cool:

Chambers & ejects as perfect as her ,too!!...

Put my Kobra back on the pic...Still rt on the money with slugs...

Awwww Mann!..VICTORY iz soooo Sweet!!! smile.gif :rolleyes: tongue.gif

Originally posted by StarLynx:

Ahhhhhhhhh...Awwww..Snif-Snifff!!.....The smell of melting runny Benelli LOC-SEAL.....smells soooo Gooood!......It...It........Gives me the feeling of .....VICTORY!!!!...Heh-heh!..

Got me a better heat gun...that Father Stabber came right out & thru ITSELF in cuffs!!!

Buffed the M4 threads out with a cordless dremel ..Miltube fits like a glove...Fit's like 10"s in my third wife!!..[Not mine..but somebodys anyways... tongue.gif :eek: :cool:

Chambers & ejects as perfect as her ,too!!...

Put my Kobra back on the pic...Still rt on the money with slugs...

Awwww Mann!..VICTORY iz soooo Sweet!!! smile.gif :rolleyes: tongue.gif

so your girl friends 10 watt pink hair dryer didn't work tongue.gif tongue.gif

I sort of screwed my original mag tube up getting it to unthread. I used a hair dryer for about 10 minutes and even a direct flame for a few minutes and had to resort to a towel with channel lock pliers and it scratched the old tube a little. That Benelli loctite is some super strong stuff. The new tube installed with NO loctite is the ticket!! Thanks again M1014. You rock my Benelli bro. You always have the best solutions for Benelli questions!!Anyway , the new full length tube is the perminent tube and it looks amazing. I am grateful to get the one Factory tube that I ordered.

[ 09-16-2006, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: AR-BALLISTIC ]

let me put in some advice here...go spend about $5 and get one of those little butane refillable torches at your local hardware store, mind you that you will have to ask them for one of these bucause it seems the meth-heads use these for smoking their junk, but trust me it makes quick work of heating up the end of the tube enough to twist it right off without any trouble and you do not have to worry about it turning into a cutting torch smile.gif

[ 09-16-2006, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: wingbone ]

~chuckles~ yeah I guess it is!...but where I'm from you go to Walmart to buy some cold medicine and you have to sign for it like you was buying a new gun, show your I.D. and then can only buy very little, then I go to local hardware store to buy a **** torch and they have them locked up in a cage because of the same problem...and then I have some friends that farm that say its hard to get chicken blocks now becauses they boil down the chicken block to get something out of them to make that stuff!!!!~Aaaaaaarrrggggg!

****, it must be really, really boring in Indiana to have that many meth-heads. I can't beleive you have to sign and show ID for cough syrup!

I can go buy as much dayquil or robitussin DM as I want. smile.gif smile.gif

Granted, a bottle of robitussin DM is the cheapest hallucinogen you can get ... but most people don't know anything abotu robotripping.

I have done my share of experimenting in the name of science.

Duggan, You just solved the problem I have had ever since you got here. I know about robotripping too. After the 60-70es you never know. Now when I look at your picture that you use for an icon, I think you look just like Benjamin Franklin. I guess I either got brain damage or the results of inbreeding, my picture on the other hand looks just like me.

[ 09-18-2006, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: jmikesteen ]

Wingbone have you tried a micro torch to loosen the loctite on your gun? I would be leary about using an open flame to heat the mag tube up to release the loctite. The micro torch has to be pretty dang hot temp wise. I went to home depot and bought a 2 temp heat gun for $30 and used the low setting to loosen the loctite on my benelli and it worked just fine.

Originally posted by wingbone:

OZZ yup thats what I used to loosen the loctite, took about 10 seconds at the bottom of the tube, and with the micro torch about 5 seconds just inside the tube itself at the reciever and twisted tube right off with no struggle and no marks in the finish of the reciever or old tube

---------------if you put any goooo on your new tube,,then go ahead and apply to your mouth :D tongue.gif tongue.gif :D

[ 09-18-2006, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: M1014 ]

Originally posted by M1014:

quote:
Originally posted by wingbone:

OZZ yup thats what I used to loosen the loctite, took about 10 seconds at the bottom of the tube, and with the micro torch about 5 seconds just inside the tube itself at the reciever and twisted tube right off with no struggle and no marks in the finish of the reciever or old tube

---------------if you put any goooo on your new tube,,then go ahead and apply to your mouth :D tongue.gif :D now wait a minute...you said to save that gooo for you :D smile.gif tongue.gif

I never applied goo to the tube we got a while back just for in case of needing to put the the short one back on, and if the full length tubes keep going for the price they are now I will be plenty happy to have a mag extension and another Benelli :D

[ 09-19-2006, 06:40 AM: Message edited by: wingbone ]