Inertia driven shotguns lifespan

kuba

It is my first post here so Hello to everyone!

I'm wondering what lifespan should I expect from Benelli Inertia Driven shotgun. I know it is a tricky question and depends very on various circumstances like proper maintenance, loads used etc. I just want to have ruff idea is it something near 1k rounds or 10k rounds or even more...

It is my first post here so Hello to everyone!

I'm wondering what lifespan should I expect from Benelli Inertia Driven shotgun. I know it is a tricky question and depends very on various circumstances like proper maintenance, loads used etc. I just want to have ruff idea is it something near 1k rounds or 10k rounds or even more...

Welcome Kuba, hopefully you find everything you are looking for here and more.

Are you looking at a particular model? Not that it really matters which model but I figured I would be nosy. I have an M2 field that I have had for a few years now and I tend to put about 1500 rounds through it per semester for various target sports in regular practice. Total rounds at this point are probably close to 6-7k and it is running like a champ. Some people on here have 6k between cleanings on their gun.

Eventually the springs will wear out but at that point I'll just get new ones and will be back to the races. I wouldn't be worried about longevity/durability with Benellis, in my case I have been nothing but happy with mine.

I've been shooting my HK/SBE for 18 years now, with one trip to Benelli service department last year because of failure to eject. I've only put around 9-10 thou trough it before I had to get it fixed. It certainly wasn't the Inertia system that failed though.

In terms of a reliable action, I don't think they can be matched on a day to day basis.

• 3 months later...