Any install tips for B&T Quad-Rail

Flame Red

Flame,

All you do is replace your factory hand rails. As far as the gas escaping, I have a KZ Rail (which is the same concept as B&T, but alot cheaper) that has holes in it, and never had any carbon, gas etc get on my hand. If you think that will be a problem, then get a vertical forgrip. This will deff let you handle the M4 with alot more control during rapid fire.

Congrats on acquiring the B&T rail. I don't know who started the escaping gas myth but improper installation would be almost impossible, you can see the barrel seating/lining up against the receiver and will know if it is correct or not.

On the other hand, when it arrives you will not be impressed with the packaging (thrown into a box like the c-stock). When the Swedish assembled this thing they use some type of cement loc-tite. I recommend to get the rail warm so the thread locker breaks free easier. The rail does not come with directions (as of 8 months ago) but after you get the screws to break loose on the sides you will see how it clamps around the barrel. There is a hole on top for a locating screw and shims that are included, that hole sits on top closest to the site post end of the barrel. I will check later but I think you only have to remove the top half of the rail, so the lower row of screws on both sides can stay factory cemented in. I will post pics and more info later.

Flame,

All you do is replace your factory hand rails. As far as the gas escaping, I have a KZ Rail (which is the same concept as B&T, but alot cheaper) that has holes in it, and never had any carbon, gas etc get on my hand. If you think that will be a problem, then get a vertical forgrip. This will deff let you handle the M4 with alot more control during rapid fire.

You obviously don't own or never have installed the B&T rail. "All you do is replace your factory hand rails", is obvious. How, is the question.

Nice - it came a day early. Said it was supposed to come with a 20 page installation manual. NOTHING - no instructions - nadda. Just a little baggie with an allen wrench and some washers and a spacer! UNBELIEVABLE!

Edited by Flame Red

Nice - it came a day early. Said it was supposed to come with a 20 page installation manual. NOTHING - no instructions - nadda. Just a little baggie with an allen wrench and some washers and a spacer! UNBELIEVABLE!

Did you expect more for $340.00? LOL

OK, got it on despite the lack of instructions. Thanks for the tip about heating up the unit to get the screws off. That helped big time. Used blue thread locker on it, hope that will be enough to hold them on.

Now it if works 100% reliably, it will be worth it. Won't be able to post a range report till the weekend.

Don't see how any hot gas can get dumped the way it is designed. Hope that is indeed the case!

no instructions with any of my B&T stuff.....and I have tons! Intended for Police/Military armourers who should have enough on the ball to figure this stuff out....lol. Very easy to install all their quad rails (SIG 552, M4, G36C,etc,etc). I did not let the spacer block on the M4 rail touch my barrel though....didn`t want it to scuff the finish if I decide to remove the rail at some point. the spacer block is the little block with the chamfer that matches the barrel profile. It is mounted using a small screw to the inside bore of the quad rail. Used to stabilize the rail with contact on barrel.Used approx .005 clearance with barrel to allow for thermal expansion and still no contact.

I had to fit mine a little, it was a tiny bit too long.

The barrel would not fit up to the receiver all the way, gap evident.

Milled about .060 off the back of the B&T, fits perfectly now.

Yes, I had to stare @ the shims and spacer a while before it made sense how they

designed it.

Range report.

I love this BT rail system. Absolutely no malfunctions. It is so nice for me to flip over the gun to reload and not have my hand burned by the hot barrel. No gas escaped from the unit. It is worth every single penny. Now I am thinking about adding a light.

M1014003.jpg