And the wait begins..................

KB Fab

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On another note, he confirmed what I had thought regarding the new M4 configurations on the Benelli website. Seems that Benelli has decided there is a real market here for their M4 entry models so they are moving production from Beretta Defense to Benelli. He said that as of a week ago, these will no longer be so difficult to obtain. Just an FYI.

This must be accurate. Acme Sports in Indiana had the 14" Entry w/ collapsible stock model (11724) listed on subguns, so I called them about 5 (?) weeks ago and they "had gotten multiple in". I jumped on it (like you, this will be my second after the 11707)! The form 3 transfer only took about a month and it got to my dealer early this week. He's sending out my paperwork in the next couple days, so I'm just now starting the long wait. Please let us know how awesome it is as a shorty when you get your stamp and can take it home!!!!

Edited by Raptor

Try not to think about it KB.....Go to your happy place...

I know, I know.:o It will all be worth it here soon.

Please let us know how awesome it is as a shorty when you get your stamp and can take it home!!!!

Will do. For anyone who is interested, Impact is showing the 11722 in stock. :cool:

http://www.impactguns.com/benelli-m4-entrycqb-14in-pistol-grip-fixed-stock-ghost-ring-sight-11722.aspx

• 5 weeks later...
Just got my stamp on a SBR......6 months!

According to NFA Tracker, I have a 94% chance of getting it in the month of September and 60% of all applicants should have their stamp by now. lol!

At least I got this to play with today. Haven't shot it yet but I'm pretty excited about it. Hoping to make it my new CC. We'll see how it checks out.

IMG_1305.jpg

KB, let me know if your XDs has issues chambering rounds. The one I handled had issues feeding when chambering by pulling the slide to the rear and letting it fly. 90% of the time it would function properly when using the slide stop as a slide release. It functioned fine while firing. I wasn't riding it into battery either.

Are you doing a personal tax stamp or did you go the Trust route? I've heard the trust option speeds up the process since they don't have to process the finger prints.

KB, let me know if your XDs has issues chambering rounds. The one I handled had issues feeding when chambering by pulling the slide to the rear and letting it fly. 90% of the time it would function properly when using the slide stop as a slide release. It functioned fine while firing. I wasn't riding it into battery either.

Will do. That's actually the first report I've heard of anything negative towards the pistol. I did notice when I disassembled it for cleaning that the feed ramp on the barrel is highly polished from the factory. Maybe there were feed issues and they took steps to fix them? I hope to try it out today with some factory rounds as well as some of my hand loads. I'll definitely let you know.

Are you doing a personal tax stamp or did you go the Trust route? I've heard the trust option speeds up the process since they don't have to process the finger prints.

I did the personal stamp. I'm not gonna be doing a lot of NFA stuff so the trust seemed like overkill for my situation. It wouldn't have been such a big deal if it hadn't taken over a year just get it from Impact to my class III dealer. :rolleyes:

Ok, I just put 50 rounds of MagTech 230gr RN FMJ without one single hiccup. In fact, it shot so good that I'm kinda freaking out a little. I wish I had more time and ammo today because I have a feeling that this pistol is an absolute winner. I was only shooting some reactive steel but it shot right where I pointed it.....every time. I was shooting from a distance of 50 feet.

I thought the recoil was very manageable and it shot superbly. The only thing I would wish for is a small pinky extension but if it never happened, I would be fine. I suspect Pearce is working on one as I type this anyway so it'll be moot. Saying I'm stoked is putting it mildly.

KB, let me know if your XDs has issues chambering rounds.

Missed this part. I had trouble when I tried to slingshot as well. The round wanted to hang up and not chamber. Upon reading the manual (yeah go figger right?) I noticed where SA wants you to use the slide release. When I did that, no issue with chambering any rounds. I have read folks having issues with slingshotting until the gun is fully broken in. Time will tell.

On another note, I called about my stamp and was told that I went pending June 4th. She said they were running right at 6 months which means December. *sigh* Hopefully I'll have it for Christmas.:cool:

Same issue I had and others. Strange request to use the slide stop as a slide release. Why put serrations on the slide then?

I feel this is a bug they need to address for a pistol meant for defense.

What's a few more months? :)

I think it has more to do with the small cycle time of these short barreled semi-autos, especially with the .45 ACP. I haven't experienced one other issue and I suspect that this one will resolve itself after a break-in. I'm optimistic.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got this in an email from my class III dealer this week. Almost here! :cool:

Kevin,

How are you? I hope this finds you well.

While talking with NFA Branch on another matter the other day, I asked about your status on your SBS and was told that your approval could be any day now, 10-15 days at most. I did not talk to your actual examiner but I consider the information to be accurate. I just wanted to update you on your status and I will notify you as soon as your tax stamp arrives.

Thanks,

David

• 3 weeks later...
Already??!

Right? Two years seems like..........2 years. lol!

Here are a few pics just out of the box. First will be to get the ti mini tube installed, C-stock installed, CC rail and Ti bolt handle installed. Then I'll work on getting the GG&G BRP put on. Big brother is in the back overseeing things.

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1814.jpg

Congrats KB!!!!!!.....It's nice when patience gets rewarded!!!!!

Thanks man.........I should get an award for how long this took.:o

I'm jealous! I'm soon to become a stamp collector myself finally. The Benelli is certainly on the short list. Does the 14" feel much handier? I've been considering having my existing barrel cut down to a 12.5".

Yes it does. You might not think it would just looking at pictures but the difference is pretty stark. It will be even more apparent when I get the C-stock on there but I can tell you that this little guy rocks!:cool: