Looking to buy a Benelli M4 14" SBS

rickp1

Hey guys,

A while back I sold my M4 and now I'm thinking of picking up a new one, but this time I want the 14" one.

On my original M4 I put the collapsible stock, extended mag tube an a surefire rail handguard.

What I learned from that system was that I had to have stock all the way out to get a propper check weld and good sight alignment. If the stock was in one notch, (which was my preferred position) I really couldn't see through the ghost rings.

On this 14" I won't do any of those mods except the rail, IMO that's a must since I always have a light on my guns.

Are there any considerations that I need to be aware of with these?

I know the original M4's had some problems with the gas system, are there any issues with these?

If I remember right the 11707 was the model to get with the full size version. Is there a model to look for in the 14" versions?

Also, any reason the 14" system is not in Benelli's website?

Thanks

R.

Edited by rickp1

Also, any reason the 14" system is not in Benelli's website?

R.

The Benelli SBS requires the NFA transfer and they're not easy to find especially new.

There's someone on GB that has two for sale.

Not inexpensive either.

Edited by Tango two
addl' info

That's what I thought.

Now let me ask you this...

I found 2 in stock model 11724 which should be 14" barrel collapsible stock for $1800.00.

Now there's another place that's asking $3500. Why the big difference?? Am I missing something?

the $1700 is with the collapsible stock.

I'm glad there's no difference on the guns. I'll probably pull the trigger on it then. I really kicked myself in the ass for getting rid of my first M4.

That guy's a thief then, asking $3500 for that gun.

Consider you can send an 18.5" M4 to King Armory and have the barrel cut down to whatever you want for like 300 - 350 dollars. They had the option to go to 10", 12.5" and 14".

You could have the 18" weapon in hand while you wait for the NFA stamp to go through. Then, either just buy a 14" barrel assembly that tend to pop up now and again for about a grand. Or, arrange to have King Armory chop down your 18.5" barrel for the rough price given above. Factory 14" barrels won't have a removable choke either, so this isn't going to be an issue.

Here's a 12" for visual reference:

Israeli IDF variant:

am_benelli_view_open.jpg

am_benelli_view_closed.jpg

I got mine from Shooterjax. But I have to say it was a long wait. Eight weeks for the transfer and then a couple of months for the BATF to clear the NFA GUN TRUST which cost a few hundred. But now I can buy class 3 items. Oh, and the $200 tax stamp for each item. I personally don't mind waiting. I have other toys that I can play with while I wait. That is why people who have them sell them for so much more. Its not just the weapon, its the time and extra price you pay to own it. Not to say its a valid excuse to charge double. I personally would not sell mine. Plus they are hard to find. Sure you can spend $1600 on a 18" one and spend $300 having it cut down, $200 on having it registered, $300-500 for the NFA GUN TRUST and hopefully your fab guy doesn't screw it up. I personally would wait for the factory one but like I said earlier I have other toys I can play with.

Benelli M4 11703

Benelli M4 11707 Barrel and Recoil tube

Benelli M4 Collapsible stock

Surefire M80 Rail System

Carriercomp Titanium Magazine Tube

Carriercomp Replacement Top Rail

Carriercomp Hammer

Wolff Magazine Spring

Brownells US Made Magazine Follower

Design Concepts Titanium Charging Handle

DMW Oversized Safety

GG&G Bolt Release

Meprolights Night Sights

Aimpoint T1 on a LaRue Low Mount

BlueForceGear Padded VCAS 2 Point Sling

GearSector Front Sling QD Mount

Mesa Tactical Rear Sling QD Mount

LaRue Index Clips for rail covers

Surefire M600c Scout Light

GearSector Offset Scout Mount

I think that's everything. Of the rail systems I've tried, I like the Surefire M80 the best for the light mounting placement. If I had no light, I would run the stock or reproduction stock handguards. I find that the light placement with the offset mounts are the only viable solution. When mounted at the cardinal points of 9, 3 or 6 o'clock, the lighting device interferes with hand placement unless you're using a forward vertical grip.

Edited by StrangerDanger

The definition of tacticool:cool:

Benelli M4 11703

Benelli M4 11707 Barrel and Recoil tube

Benelli M4 Collapsible stock

Surefire M80 Rail System

Carriercomp Titanium Magazine Tube

Carriercomp Replacement Top Rail

Carriercomp Hammer

Wolff Magazine Spring

Brownells US Made Magazine Follower

Design Concepts Titanium Charging Handle

DMW Oversized Safety

GG&G Bolt Release

Meprolights Night Sights

Aimpoint T1 on a LaRue Low Mount

BlueForceGear Padded VCAS 2 Point Sling

GearSector Front Sling QD Mount

Mesa Tactical Rear Sling QD Mount

LaRue Index Clips for rail covers

Surefire M600c Scout Light

GearSector Offset Scout Mount

I think that's everything. Of the rail systems I've tried, I like the Surefire M80 the best for the light mounting placement. If I had no light, I would run the stock or reproduction stock handguards. I find that the light placement with the offset mounts are the only viable solution. When mounted at the cardinal points of 9, 3 or 6 o'clock, the lighting device interferes with hand placement unless you're using a forward vertical grip.

What mods do you have on that M4?

I want a rail system - there seems to be a handful of them.

What kind of site is that?

Thanks,

D.

that is a surefire M80 http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main.pl

I have the same one I just decided to sell.

I will sell it for $120 plus your stock hand gaurd if its black.

I also have the gear sector mount same as stranger i will include for $25 http://www.gearsector.com/view/product/221/