Benelli M1014

wingbone

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Jakjakman!

Looks like there's room to spare! Not having held this forward rail in my hands, does it have a rubber/nylon bushing so there's no metal-metal barrel contact? Or is a slightly scratched barrel the trade off?

Support your local PJ

[ 06-11-2006, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: AFPJ ]

Originally posted by jakjakman:

Ha! Beat ya. tongue.gif smile.gif

$22 at Cactus Tactical. I ordered one from them a few days ago. Should be here any time now... :cool:

I loved it for the first 300 rounds and then it sheared in two. Leaving part of it stuck in my bolt. And yes, ofcourse it happened right in the middle of a Tactical Shotgun Course. GG&G said to send it back for replacement, but I just don't trust it now.

JWL

Originally posted by STA:

Brownells now lists this M4 Lightweight Charging Handle from PMT, in titanium no less.

Titanium_M4.jpg

Must... Stop... The drool... Wow, that is toooo cool. Too bad it's kinda spendy. Oh, and if anyone orders from Botachtactical, make sure you give them a call amd make sure they have the item in stock before you order. I just tried ordering a red dot sight from them last week and it turned out the item is discontinued and they won't be getting any more even though their website gave no indication of such. I just checked too, and they still list the item for sale. :rolleyes:

Deasmuth, yup, that was what I was trying to get. And yes, you're right about the Docter optics too, pretty much impossible to find. :( Funny thing is, I found a couple of other sites that also had the Docter Optic for sale, but I emailed them first before ordering this time, and they too didn't have any. What is it with these people? If you run out of something, you should darn well indicate it on your web store. Anything less is just poor business practice.

$48.00??....from what i seen was $59.00 , so should I leave the factory charging handle alone?....from the previous posts I can see there are some problems with the GG&G....or do we think for &30.00 more the lightweight titanium handle is the way to go?

I just purchased a Benelli M4 and was wondering if the skeletonized stock was illegal in California. I noticed that alot of the M4's I have seen on this page have it equipped. If anyone could give me any information on this I would greatly appreciate it.

Tone loc,

For the M4, a telescoping stock is illegal in Kalifornia, as well as the 2 shot extension. Kalifornia DOJ rules prohibit the same as ATF&E, but unlike ATF, there are no exceptions in regards to firearm content (being import or not). The PRK just don't allow it, period.

Support your local PJ

Per CA 12276.1, the following is regulated as an "assault weapon".

(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:

(A) A folding or telescoping stock.

(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.

The 2 round extension is not illegal under CA law.

The skeleton stock when installed on the 11707 M4 is covered under 12276.1 (6) due to the milled recoil spring tube which allows the stock to collapse.

There has been some contention on the status of the skeleton stock when installed on the 11701 commemerative M1014. The recoil spring tube is milled to allow the stock to be attached to the weapon in the full open position, but is not milled to allow the stock to telescope to the full collapsed position. The M1014 was originally offered for sale in CA and is still openly transferred on the used market.

The most notable case of the 11701 M1014 stock issue came about when the CA gunstore chain Turners posted a notice wherein Benelli voluntarily ceased sales due to CA DOJ's 'concerns' (... sounds familiar to Benelli ceasing sales of their mag extensions).

Turners March 2004 Letter

"The California Attorney General's Office has recently examined the design of the Benelli M1014 Limited Edition Shotgun. Although the Attorney General has not stated that the design includes a telescoping stock such that it can be classified as an assault weapon under California law, the Attorney General has expressed some concern about the ability of the user to manipulate the stock by one inch forward and backward (even though the manipulation also involves the rotation of the stock.) The Federal Government has already informed Benelli USA that it has no concerns in the regard, however because of the reservations expressed by the California Attorney General, Benelli USA will immediately cease sale of the M1014 Limited Edition Shotgun in California. In addition, the yet-to-be-released Benelli M4 (with the same stock design as the M1014 Limited Edition Shotgun) will not be sold in California. Customers can still buy the M4 Pistol Grip and M4 Standard (with field stock)."