Benelli M1014

wingbone

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STA,

Are you sure about the 2 shot extension in the PRK? I thought I read in their DOJ site (a pdf file) that stated something to the effect of 5 rounds being the limit for semiauto shotgun WITH a pistol grip. This was a few months ago and I have lost the link. It was in the same section that described the banned shotguns by name and showed pictures ie. Franchi laws, DAO etc etc. Based on that info I stripped my M4 down back to basics to attend a little training session out there. Only the noncollapsible pistol grip stock (nonskeletonized) was acceptible as I recall. Hopefully I'm wrong. In that same section, there was no restriction if you had a PUMP gun that could hold , say, 8 rounds, but with a standard stock.

Support your local PJ

Good to know. Thanks for all the info. I have yet to pick up my M4 from the dealer(waiting period) but was searching for a good case for the gun. I noticed that some hard case companies make a case that fits the rifle with an exact cut out of the gun in the foam. I was unable to find one for the M4. If there is no such case, what case would be good for my new beauty? Gonna be working a gun show for a guy at the Del Mar Fairgrounds soon. Maybe I can find a good one there. If anyone is really happy with the quality and price of there case please shoot me a line.

Originally posted by tone loc:

Good to know. Thanks for all the info. I have yet to pick up my M4 from the dealer(waiting period) but was searching for a good case for the gun. I noticed that some hard case companies make a case that fits the rifle with an exact cut out of the gun in the foam. I was unable to find one for the M4. If there is no such case, what case would be good for my new beauty? Gonna be working a gun show for a guy at the Del Mar Fairgrounds soon. Maybe I can find a good one there. If anyone is really happy with the quality and price of there case please shoot me a line.

Pelican Cases

Just cut the foam yourself to fit.

Originally posted by jakjakman:

Yikes! :eek: :eek: Maybe you just got a bad egg. Anyone else had an issue like this?

I spoke with a GG&G rep at SHOT and he said they had a batch of parts made with bad steel. He said they would replace it, but it's my home defense gun and I just can't trust it... The factory part works just fine. For me anyway.

JWL

Thanks again. This info has been really helpful. I can't wait to go pick it up. I just found out the M4 I puchased is an 11707. When I paid for the M4 I didn't realize that there were so many different models. Based off of what I have read on these pages the 11707 is the way to go. Correct me if I am wrong. The 11707 is the Law Enforcement and Millitay issued model that is slightly more universal than the other M4's(collapsable stock). Mine is comming with the solid pistol grip stock which is cool but I like the skeletonized pistol grip stock better. I found one online part #70085 for sale. I think this is the one that I need. I am really getting into building this M4 and want to do it correctly. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Okay, just received the titanium charging handle from Brownell's and.... it doesn't fit my M4. :( The part number on the baggy is the same as the one on the website that is represented there as fitting the M4 (100-002-565). However, it only mentions the M1 on both the Brownell's label and that of the manufacturer, Progressive Machine and Tool (http://www.progressivemachine.net). The picture on Brownell's website doesn't show the flat projection at the base of the pin; you can see what I'm talking about at the manufacturer's website. Apparently this flat portion is there to keep the handle from rotating.

With this flat area, the pin is too short to snap into place; you can feel the tip just starting to engage the catch. Operator error would seem ruled out by the simplicity of installation.... other than not being able to use the thing, it looks very well-made. Does anybody know if the M1 and M4 charging handles should be compatible? If not, the problem is probably Brownell's.

I'll start with Brownell's on Monday and work my way up to the manufacturer for answers.

Yikes, you're right--if you want that thing to fit on your M4 that projection can't be there. I just got the GG&G fat charging handle for my M1014 and it fits fine--it doesn't have that projection. It spins, though. If it had the triangle type tip like the stock handle that would be awesome.

Well, Jakjakman, I'm a sucker for anything made out of titanium. I'm tempted to just turn off the projection on the lathe and, if it leaves me enough length to recut the indent, to redo it with the triangular grooves. I'm not sure I like the flat plate method for restricting rotation, since this design puts the flat all on one side of the axis of the handle. This means that, when forward, the handle can still rotate freely through 180+ degrees (I've confirmed this with the handle inserted but not latched). If I pull it back into the narrow slot behind the ejection port, will I have to wrestle with it if the flat is pointing straight up, and collides with the shoulder/transition in the receiver slot? Was this really thought through and tested with hands-on trials?

Brothers, there is a quiet and benevolent wisdom in the factory parts made by Benelli. Add-ons are one thing (I pimp out my M4 shamelessly), but it makes sense to view replacement/upgrade parts with a skeptical eye.

Will share with the group whatever I learn from vendor/manufacturer. For $59.99 the thing should be ready to rock-n-roll out of the box.

okies here is what we got so far, M1014 with the Mepro M21 sight, put the sure cycle +2 extension with s.s. spring and U.S. follower, switched safety to the right side of the gun(left side~S) added the GG&G charging handle, and the Specter QCB3 tatical sling.....will post a pic or two as soon as i get them uploaded to a page

• 2 weeks later...

How about a brand new pic. minus the wallpaper!

100_0322.jpg

she looks sooooo much better that way eh? :D

also, stopped by Gander Moutain today and they had started putting out the wide selection of slugs for the up coming fall hunting season and found some slugs i was only able to get a few of last year. Winchester superX "power point" these slugs shoot great out of my 1014 and at only $3 a box I think you all need to give them a try!!!...so I bought eight boxes today just in case of a alien invasion smile.gif