Long time lurker/first time poster...M4 H2O!!

Suthrn

I had a M4 before but life got in the way and I had to part ways with it. Since then I have been wanting another badly and when I saw the M4 H2O I just couldn't resist. I'm happy and can't wait to get this gun out and shoot it. The gun is beautiful and was configured exactly as I wanted so I have nothing to do but enjoy. [ATTACH=CONFIG]1338[/ATTACH]

Congratulations on that Beauty.

Do you mind taking picture when you get a chance of the trigger group and maybe the magazine disassembled (with the barrel off Trying to see if I'm correct on the 922r issue ?

Also on your factory box The 11711 barcode sticker can you see that it was placed over the original 11707 sticker ?

Maybe I'm having a senior moment but I can't get but 6 shells in the tube. The box states 7+1 and I'm using 2 3/4" shells but that 7th shell just wont go in. It's close but just not there. Any ideas?

First I'd check the spring and follower by removing them, placing the follower on the spring before inserting in the tube. When it's fully inserted with the spring inside the follower, how many inches does the spring extend past the end of the mag tube? I'm wondering if the overall spring length is the same as the stock M4 spring without the extension or if there is a longer spring that was not cut to allow full capacity.

First I'd check the spring and follower by removing them, placing the follower on the spring before inserting in the tube. When it's fully inserted with the spring inside the follower, how many inches does the spring extend past the end of the mag tube? I'm wondering if the overall spring length is the same as the stock M4 spring without the extension or if there is a longer spring that was not cut to allow full capacity.

I tried this and nothing changed. The spring stuck out about 8 3/4" from the top of the tube. The gun is advertised to be 7+1 so I can't see why they would cut a longer spring to reduce capacity. Maybe my spring is just messed up?

... The gun is advertised to be 7+1 so I can't see why they would cut a longer spring to reduce capacity. Maybe my spring is just messed up?

All the extensions I have bought for Benelli shotguns have come with longer springs that were made to fit the longest barrel/magazine combinations and had to be cut to work with the shorter barrel shotguns. The only exception was the +2 extension for the M1014 which works with the original spring. What I don't know is if your new M4 comes with the same length spring as the 4+1 models or a longer spring that was cut for your full length mag tube. If the latter, maybe it wasn't cut enough to allow full capacity. Easy fix if that's the case. Also, the suggestion to try another brand of shells is a good one.

Okay, thanks for the advice guys. Turns out the gun will take 7. My Federal Premium LE (LE132 00) was too long to fit 7. I tried a bunch of different game loads and all was fine. I then tried some Remington LE Reduced Recoil (RR12BK8-00) and 7 of those just did fit. So, I guess I'll just live with the fact the the Federal is too long. Thanks again for the heads up.

Okay, thanks for the advice guys. Turns out the gun will take 7. My Federal Premium LE (LE132 00) was too long to fit 7. I tried a bunch of different game loads and all was fine. I then tried some Remington LE Reduced Recoil (RR12BK8-00) and 7 of those just did fit. So, I guess I'll just live with the fact the the Federal is too long. Thanks again for the heads up.

I just took the H2O out and did some shooting. I was dumb enough to only take 1 box of shells out. The gun did NOT like the Remington LE Reduced Recoil at all. I put 20 shells down range and only about 5 ejected properly. All the others I had to manually eject. I'm hoping its just the Remington shells. I've heard the Federal Premium is better and plan to try that next go around. Anybody with any input I would be glad to listen. On a side not my Colt 6920, P245, P226, Remington 870 20GA and Glock 26 fired flawlessly.

Oh, that's certainly not good. Wow. Did you run it really wet? I've not had a FTE yet, and keep 'er really sloppy.

By the way, I have some Federal low recoil, but I don't remember if I used any yet. I think all I've shot is "normal" recoil shells.

Edited by John P.

May be time for a clean and lube?

While you’re at it, if you can take photo’s, please show pic’s of the 922r replaceable parts. Otherwise just let us know if any of these parts are identified as “made in USA”. Thanks!

922r replaceable parts:

1. Fire Control Group (Trigger, Hammer, Disconnector)

2. Follower

3. Forearm

4. Full Length (un-neutered) Magazine

I was cleaning today after shooting it and did give it a good lube. I looked for anything that said "made in the USA" but didn't see anything. I pulled the control group out and looked at it too and didn't see anything. I didn't break down the group but did look. I looked over the mag tube and didn't see anything there either. Anywhere you want me to look or take a pic of let me know. Please be specific though, I'm new to this gun and not always sure what people are looking for.

• 4 weeks later...

Took the M4 back out to the range. Sorry for the long intervals but being TDY hurts my range time. Anyway, I took a few different shells this time. I started with box of Federal 00 and it went through that like butter. Next was a box of assorted shells. A bunch of bird shot and crap like that. The gun was flawless. Next, another box of the Remington LE low recoil. If got through more of the box this time without a FTE but I did get a few. I figure the gun is starting to loosen up and the Remington isn't all that great. All in all I am very happy and love this gun.