World's Fastest Shotgun? HD VIDEO

Amsdorf

Putting the M4 Benelli through it's paces, demonstrating just how quickly you can get shots off with it, noticeably faster than the full auto AA12 shotgun. Now, where can I get a belt feeding system for it??

At 2:13 you can watch me get off six shots in under .7 seconds. I'm sure there are guys who can do it faster, perhaps much faster than that. Somebody tried to tell me the Winchester semi-auto whatever was faster, and linked me to a vid where the shooter got off 12 shots in 1.44 seconds. My math is not the greatest but....seems to me that under .7 x 2 is faster than that.

Just sayin'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dibSfoBtGU

Edited by Amsdorf

He got 12 shots off in 1.44 seconds. I got six off in just a hair under .7.

I did not take calculus, but...I think .7 x 2 is less than 1.44.

The POINT of the video, of course, is not to suggest I'm Flannigan, but to demonstrate just how fast the M4 actually is. I'm tired of hearing how the Winchester Whatever is SO much faster, blah, blah, blah.

Frankly I don't think it can be accurately and objectively said that any one of the M1, M2, Beretta Extrema 2, or FN/Winchester SX3 is any 'faster' than the other. IMO the distinction is in the recoil, and also I think you will find some Benelli owners on this forum who are convinced the M2 has a faster cyclic rate than the M4.

And fwiw, Beretta owns Benelli.

You didn't show your timer in the video, how'd you conclude it was an ET of 0.7 second?

Edited by Sukhoi_fan

I don't think a mag dump video should be compared to skilled trickshots :p

Also to see which has a faster cycling rate I think either the same person would have to use all the different shotguns, or a machine since each persons ability to shoot differs. But amsdorf, are you using buckshot, birdshot, or slugs?

Renault, the video of Flannigan burning through 12 rounds in 1.442 is nothing but him doing a mag dump. :p

I was shooting 00Buckshot, with an unmodified Benelli M4, no trigger or action mods.

Here's the video of Flannigan burning through 12 in 1.442, by the way:

Patrick shows us the timer, where is the timer in the Benelli video?

Where is the 12 shot Benelli?

I'd need to see a 12 shot Benelli, on a timer, with a verified time of 1.441, otherwise, I still think the Winchester is faster....

The only reason I doubt the claim is that many, many, shooters have tried to use their Benellis to set time records, and they cannot beat the SX3 system because of the lock-up times, length of bolt travel, and a variety of other reasons.

Of course, many, such as myself, feel the Benelli is a far superior overall weapon, so the time issue is really pretty moot as it relates to sales, which I'm sure is somewhat important in the gun business....

mudhen

And to all of it I say, so what? The only way to objectively find out which guns shoots faster is to rig up a mechanical/electronic/whatever device that can be adjusted to find out the physical speed limitations of each gun. But again, to what end? What practical use? "X" can shoot a Benelli faster than "Y" shoots a Winchester so the Benelli must be able to shoot faster? Who cares? I'd be impressed if they could shoot 10-12-whatever seperate targets in that same time. Just aiming it downrange and pulling the trigger as fast as humanly possible. Big deal. More important; reliability, ability to shoot different loads, longevity, ease of use. In my 60 years I've had Remington, Winchester, Mossberg, Browning and Benelli semi-autos. I've still got my Brownings and Benellis. I don't still got those others. My experience. Yours may vary.

And to all of it I say, so what? The only way to objectively find out which guns shoots faster is to rig up a mechanical/electronic/whatever device that can be adjusted to find out the physical speed limitations of each gun. But again, to what end? What practical use? "X" can shoot a Benelli faster than "Y" shoots a Winchester so the Benelli must be able to shoot faster? Who cares? I'd be impressed if they could shoot 10-12-whatever seperate targets in that same time. Just aiming it downrange and pulling the trigger as fast as humanly possible. Big deal. More important; reliability, ability to shoot different loads, longevity, ease of use. In my 60 years I've had Remington, Winchester, Mossberg, Browning and Benelli semi-autos. I've still got my Brownings and Benellis. I don't still got those others. My experience. Yours may vary.

I couldn't agree more - what this ultimately boils down to is a 'Ford vs. Chevy' sort of argument.

Beretta owns Benelli? Glad to hear it, makes me like Benelli even more now.

Timed it in my video editing software which lets me see time on the video down to the 100th of a second.

Like I said, just under .7.

I was under the impression that Beretta is just the importer for Benelli here in the U.S., do to the customs regulations?