Aftermarket Bolt Releases...

Jackalope

Have used both (and others). DMW: It's cheap. Easy to install. I didn't like it. Its operation wasn't positive enough, at least for me. It's held in place by the back of the forearm. Didn't like that.

GGG: Expensive. Somewhat harder to install. I like it. Most of my B's have them now. Positive operation. Large pad, easy to manipulate. The button/pad interface is machined so it's not going to easily come undone.

There are others. I have one similar to the GGG but about half the price. Less substantial button/pad interface but no problems as yet. (TAC2, if you're interested.)

Nordic, haven't tried yet but would like to.

I have the DMW speedbar. I find it to work just fine and like the idea that it's neither permanent or requires modification to the gun... but, I'm left handed and hit the bar with my thumb, so perhaps my comments are of somewhat limited value.

Just found out about a new bolt release button on the market, might be old news to some, but... Taran Tactical Innovations.

C

Edited by Creeper

So how much larger than the stock release is it and how do I get one?

thats the bad part you gotta make it. I have the skills of a monkey so I didnt do it but i can lift heavy things.

I never had a problem finding the stock botton so I didnt worrie to much or i would of went to gun smith. then again I only shoot paper targets with mine

Have used both (and others). DMW: It's cheap. Easy to install. I didn't like it. Its operation wasn't positive enough, at least for me. It's held in place by the back of the forearm. Didn't like that.

GGG: Expensive. Somewhat harder to install. I like it. Most of my B's have them now. Positive operation. Large pad, easy to manipulate. The button/pad interface is machined so it's not going to easily come undone.

There are others. I have one similar to the GGG but about half the price. Less substantial button/pad interface but no problems as yet. (TAC2, if you're interested.)

Nordic, haven't tried yet but would like to.

You say it's easy to install? I want this, but I dont know how to install one. Can you elaborate on this?

You say it's easy to install? I want this, but I dont know how to install one. Can you elaborate on this?

You simply loosen the mag tube nut, slide the forend forward a bit, slip the Speedbar onto the receiver, slide the forend back and tighten down the mag tube nut.

No modifications at all, although some have trimmed a little notch into the forend plastic to make the fit and operation a little smoother.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1604[/ATTACH]

Advantages: No screws to break or loosen, no wobbly or missing buttons due to broken or loose screws. Gun can be returned to original condition, with the exception of a few wear marks on the receiver and any material you felt you needed to remove from the forend, in the time it takes to write this. It works.

Cheers,

C