US Made Benelli M4 Collapsible Stock

StrangerDanger

Are the rules different for pump guns than semi's, or did they change? When I was stationed in CA from 07-09, I bought a brand new FN TPS with a C-Stock and Pistol Grip at some gun store called Traders or something. I highly doubt that a store of that size would have been selling illegal firearms NIB.

Law applies to semi-autos. The TPS is a pump.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got one from the wife all wrapped up in shiny Christmas paper. The forend pieces were a bit difficult to get on and I don't think I'll keep them, but they do feel solid.

Take a look:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1845[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1846[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1847[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1848[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1849[/ATTACH]

Got one from the wife all wrapped up in shiny Christmas paper. The forend pieces were a bit difficult to get on and I don't think I'll keep them, but they do feel solid.

Take a look:

Jagged

My Pro Mag forearm went on real hard as well, It was real wide and I could not here my pistons moving when it was installed. So I sent mine to Sharkey, as he was real interested in it. I do like my C stock form pro mag though.

Take a look:

Looks good!

I can't wait to read about the range reports.

Do the stock and pistol grip components feel pretty solid to you? Like many others, I am quite leery of anything made by ProMag. Hopefully these prove to be as reliable and durable as the shotgun itself.

The pistol grip feels much like the original on the standard stock. The C-Stock itself has a small amount of play (maybe 1/8") side to side wiggle, but it's my understanding that the Benelli C-Stock does as well. I can live with it. My only gripe would be the color of it. You can see in the pictures that it's somewhere between glossy/satin black. I'd like to see it colored more like the rest of the gun. Maybe I'll cerakote it down the road...

Jagged

My Pro Mag forearm went on real hard as well, It was real wide and I could not here my pistons moving when it was installed. So I sent mine to Sharkey, as he was real interested in it. I do like my C stock form pro mag though.

It's killing me too. Just checked the mail and it's STILL not here. I'm hoping it didn't get lost somewhere in the damn christmas rush.. Woooooff..

Package received and all I found as "trouble" with it was giving it a solid pinch at the bottom to get it to seat. I removed the near side rail anyway because I don't need it. I left the ejection side rail exactly where the factory placed it (with a little locktight of course), installed my light (placing the pressure pad on the "pistol grip" under my finger tips) installed the rail covers and this thing is styling.

I even have a quick detach, 2 position foregrip I've been playing with and it folds up and makes a nice standard shooting grip/platform that is just a bit lower than holding the forend itself and then snaps out nicely for hip firing. I kind of like it but I'll know better after a trip to the range which parts will be permanent and which won't. Gonna be a couple of weeks before I can shoot it but this product was definitely a plus for me. And God knows the price was, well, RIGHT to say the least.

Great deal Zeke and thank you Sir.

Sharkey

Edited by Sharkey

Package received and all I found as "trouble" with it was giving it a solid pinch at the bottom to get it to seat. I removed the near side rail anyway because I don't need it. I left the exection side rail exactly where the factory placed it (with a little locktight of course), installed my light (placing the pressure pad on the "pistol grip" under my finger tips) installed the rail covers and this thing is styling.

I even have a quick detach, 2 position foregrip I've been playing with and it folds up and makes a nice standard shooting grip/platform that is just a bit lower than holding the forend itself and then snaps out nicely for hip firing. I kind of like it but I'll know better after a trip to the range which parts will be permanent and which won't. Gonna be a couple of weeks before I can shoot it but this product was definitely a plus for me. And God knows the price was, well, RIGHT to say the least.

Great deal Zeke and thank you Sir.

Sharkey

Awesome... I was begining to think it got lost in the x-mas shuffle! Good to see you like it, as it would of been a dust collector in my house. I was hoping you would throw in some pictures.

I took delivery yesterday and installed the stock. Pretty nice and seems solid, well know after a few hundred shot. Now the fore grip was VERY difficult to get on. I used a dremmel in an attempt to correct the oversize molding. I could not get the grip to fit to where I would trust it. Basically it seemed to interfere with the gas system and I was not going to compromise the gun. The top fit overmthe barrel was horrible and you can see the gass system. After playing with it for an hour, the screws to the rails became loose, which is really not comforting, especially with the gas system working. I am calling promag after the holidays and see if they had addressed the molding issue. Guys, the foregrip just are not ready for prime time. The way I look at it, the stock alone is worth the cost but it would be nice to have a foregrip as well. NOW, the problem and question I have for you all. NONE of this stuff from promag is stamped "Made in USA" that I could find! Do the USA added parts must be stamped made in the USA? Also, the stock foregrip that came with the gun has left and rig written in ENGLISH but does not say made in Italy. So is it that these foregrips on the gun ALREADY US made?

I took delivery yesterday and installed the stock. Pretty nice and seems solid, well know after a few hundred shot. Now the fore grip was VERY difficult to get on. I used a dremmel in an attempt to correct the oversize molding. I could not get the grip to fit to where I would trust it. Basically it seemed to interfere with the gas system and I was not going to compromise the gun. The top fit overmthe barrel was horrible and you can see the gass system. After playing with it for an hour, the screws to the rails became loose, which is really not comforting, especially with the gas system working. I am calling promag after the holidays and see if they had addressed the molding issue. Guys, the foregrip just are not ready for prime time. The way I look at it, the stock alone is worth the cost but it would be nice to have a foregrip as well. NOW, the problem and question I have for you all. NONE of this stuff from promag is stamped "Made in USA" that I could find! Do the USA added parts must be stamped made in the USA? Also, the stock foregrip that came with the gun has left and rig written in ENGLISH but does not say made in Italy. So is it that these foregrips on the gun ALREADY US made?

Hypergunner

This is a responce from Pro Mag sent by "Crofton" back on 12/5/2012. In this e-mail he is questioning the C-Stock as being 922r complient, here is their responce.

Received following from Pro Com tech support, don't know if I would take it to the bank.

Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 12:08 PM

To: Crofton

Subject: Re: PM253 Benelli M4 Collapsible Stock & Tactical Forend

Hey Crofton,

Sorry it has taken so long to get to your email. The stock is primarily made in the U.S.A. Some of the small components like the hardware and screws could be made overseas as well as raw components. As far as the BATF, there is no resitrictions on any parts having to say "Made in the USA", only a restriction that requires them to be made in the USA. Since our name is on the stock and we advertise it as a 922 compliant part there shouldn't be any issues.

Thanks

On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 8:50 AM, Crofton > wrote:

Good morning

Very interested in purchasing the C-Stock, I have the following questions:

1. Why isn’t it stamped USA made?

2. Quote from box “May be Assembled from Domestic and Imported components”, how is this 922.R Compliant?

3. If BATF pay me a visit at the range, what proof do I have the C-Stock is USA made?

Thank you,

Technical Support

Promag Industries

10654 S. Garfield Ave.

South Gate, CA 90280

progress.gifclear.gif

Hypergunner

This is a responce from Pro Mag sent by "Crofton" back on 12/5/2012. In this e-mail he is questioning the C-Stock as being 922r complient, here is their responce.

Received following from Pro Com tech support, don't know if I would take it to the bank.

Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 12:08 PM

To: Crofton

Subject: Re: PM253 Benelli M4 Collapsible Stock & Tactical Forend

Hey Crofton,

Sorry it has taken so long to get to your email. The stock is primarily made in the U.S.A. Some of the small components like the hardware and screws could be made overseas as well as raw components. As far as the BATF, there is no resitrictions on any parts having to say "Made in the USA", only a restriction that requires them to be made in the USA. Since our name is on the stock and we advertise it as a 922 compliant part there shouldn't be any issues.

Thanks

On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 8:50 AM, Crofton > wrote:

Good morning

Very interested in purchasing the C-Stock, I have the following questions:

1. Why isn’t it stamped USA made?

2. Quote from box “May be Assembled from Domestic and Imported components”, how is this 922.R Compliant?

3. If BATF pay me a visit at the range, what proof do I have the C-Stock is USA made?

Thank you,

Technical Support

Promag Industries

10654 S. Garfield Ave.

South Gate, CA 90280

progress.gifclear.gif

Thank you so much for your reply.

Question: If I choose not to install handguard and ONLY US made stock, Carreiergroup tube and follower, will I be compliant? Could you explain to me what parts can be changed and why is it 3 or 4?

I took the red dot off for a couple of days cuz I'm gonna use the 4x to do some 100 yard stuff with it and see how my truball slugs group but this is pretty much it for the moment. The raised rings I use DO allow me to also use the iron sights so it's an ok set up for the moment. When I switch back to the red dot, that also has a see through mount so I can use the iron site for that as well so the scope really doesn't matter much right now. I also wanna see if this cheapo 4x can handle the recoil and still hold together just for the halibut...

I love the forend though and CAN hear my pistons that DO rattle just like they would with the stock hand guards.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1862[/ATTACH]

Edited by Sharkey

I took the red dot off for a couple of days cuz I'm gonna use the 4x to do some 100 yard stuff with it and see how my truball slugs group but this is pretty much it for the moment. The raised rings I use DO allow me to also use the iron sights so it's an ok set up for the moment. When I switch back to the red dot, that also has a see through mount so I can use the iron site for that as well so the scope really doesn't matter much right now. I also wanna see if this cheapo 4x can handle the recoil and still hold together just for the halibut...

I love the forend though and CAN hear my pistons that DO rattle just like they would with the stock hand guards.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1861[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1862[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1863[/ATTACH]

What single point sling mount are you using?

Coitac. Not really crazy about it but it does the trick and the price was right. It gets tough trying to beat my wife to the bank account round xmas time...

But which mount? It looks like you have something mounted just behind the pistol grip to attach the sling to.

Oh well......thanks for the info. I really wish there was a better option for the c-stock. In the Magpul video, they show a quick glimpse of something they are using on their c-stock equipped M4 but all my efforts to locate what it is have been unsuccessful thus far.

Oh well......thanks for the info. I really wish there was a better option for the c-stock. In the Magpul video, they show a quick glimpse of something they are using on their c-stock equipped M4 but all my efforts to locate what it is have been unsuccessful thus far.

Is it this one from Mesa Tactical? They have several versions. http://www.mesatactical.com/index.php?id=60

142.jpg

Is it this one from Mesa Tactical? They have several versions. http://www.mesatactical.com/index.php?id=60

142.jpg

Yeah, Mesa Tactical fails to inform ya that there's a EFFING ROLL PIN THAT YOU HAVE TO DRILL OUT* in that location to install that attachment point. Ask me how I know.:(

*or driven out HAD I KNOW OR BEEN INFORMED that there's a EFFING ROLL PIN there

Edited by Sukhoi_fan