US Made Benelli M4 Collapsible Stock

StrangerDanger

Yeah, Mesa Tactical fails to inform ya that there's a EFFING ROLL PIN THAT YOU HAVE TO DRILL OUT* in that location to install that attachment point. Ask me how I know.:(

*or driven out HAD I KNOW OR BEEN INFORMED that there's a EFFING ROLL PIN there

LOL Well, for what it's worth, they do make mention of it now. :)

Was it a tough job or were you just not interested in drilling the pin out?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL Well, for what it's worth, they do make mention of it now. :)

Was it a tough job or were you just not interested in drilling the pin out?

Before placing an order for it I called THE SOURCE and talked to a woman at Mesa Tactical who advised me that I would need to DRILL OUT that hole in the PG to enlarge it - NO mention of a roll pin. (Yeah, I see that NOW on their website they make mention of a 'split pin'.) So what do I do? I (carefully) follow the directions I got from Mesa Tactical, breaking a couple of drill bits in the process (I was thinking to myself at the time, "Self, this is being much more difficult than it should be.") - it's one very tough roll pin, Benelli did not cut corners on this roll pin. I finally extract the remnants of the roll pin and then have to be concerned with getting the block within the PG which retains the trigger group properly aligned so that everything comes back together as it should. I was NOT at all pleased with the outcome, although it works now, just not as well as it did before I took a drill to it.

Edited by Sukhoi_fan

Before placing an order for it I called THE SOURCE and talked to a woman at Mesa Tactical who advised me that I would need to DRILL OUT that hole in the PG to enlarge it - NO mention of a roll pin. (Yeah, I see that NOW on their website they make mention of a 'split pin'.) So what do I do? I (carefully) follow the directions I got from Mesa Tactical, breaking a couple of drill bits in the process (I was thinking to myself at the time, "Self, this is being much more difficult than it should be.") - it's one very tough roll pin, Benelli did not cut corners on this roll pin. I finally extract the remnants of the roll pin and then have to be concerned with getting the block within the PG which retains the trigger group properly aligned so that everything comes back together as it should. I was NOT at all pleased with the outcome, although it works now, just not as well as it did before I took a drill to it.

Dang! That's an ugly tale! They must have used hardened tool steel for the pin.

Which is why I won't buy the Mesa part. I don't like them for a number of reasons and won't support them with this. I'm gonna keep trying to find out what those Magpul boys were using.

The MT item I installed was the QD cup/pocket - now that it's installed it seems sturdy enough. I would have liked to used the KZ device, however that just won't work with the c-stock. I really don't see any other means of attachment on the c-stock configuration other than where that roll pin is located in the PG.

Holy crap. You drilled that pin out and you were successful?? Did you do it on a drill press or anything?

The correct method would be to knock it out with a roll pin punch. I had one **** of a time drilling out that metal block that goes inside the trigger group. I pulled it out of the grip. Tossed it in a vice and hogged it out so the PITA fastener would slide through it. Then I just ran the drill through the soft plastic of the grip.

Benelliwerkes advises that the fastener should just be lathed down in order to pass through the block without needing to modify it. Without the right tools, that can be a PITA itself. I guess you could put the screw in a drill chuck and spin it while laying a file on it.

I figure if I ever needed to return to the stock format, Numrich Arms carries the internal guts of these collapsible stocks now.

I am new here, this is my first post, but I have been following this thread with some intense interest. I was planning on buying the Benelli M4 H20 model, but after talking to Benelli they said it was doubtful they would carry it over for 2013 because of problems with ATF paperwork.

From reading this thread there are a lot of modifications you can make to the existing M4, which I didn't know you could do. This is great!

I have a question, I had heard that the 922® was no longer in force because the some bill in 2011 included an amendment that stopped the ATF from enforcing it. I first heard of this on Gun Talk, but I can't find a single reference to it anywhere on the Internet. Has anyone else heard of this?

Welcome aboard, Ghost.

My advice......don't believe everything you read on the Internet. :D

922® is most certainly still in force. Here's a good FAQ page on how it applies to the M4 and some of the things you can do to modify your M4 while still satisfying its requirements.

http://freedomfightertactical.com/922r-faq/

Thanks, I was kind of figuring for some reason that wasn't accurate because I couldn't find any reference to it on the web. I think I had originally heard it on Tom Gresham's Gun Talk radio show and he was interviewing some Senator who slipped this into the NDAA bill for 2011, but as you pointed out something must have happened that it didn't become law because I couldn't find any reference to it after that.

Hi Sharkey, why would one need a bipod on a shotgun? Also, is your M4 a newer model or older?

Sorry I didn't see this bud. The bipod was just on there just for the pics to hold the gun up better although, since it is easy to take on and off, I MAY start using it instead of sandbags when I shoot 100+ targets at the range with it. That's actually belongs to something else I have.

My M4 is a newer model - within 2 years anyway.

Edited by Sharkey

After doing some searching I am finding some current listings for an actual Benelli C-Stock and pistol grip, in the box from Benelli USA. Most of what I am seeing is listed around $550.

So there are actual Benelli made C-Stocks you can purchase instead of buying the ProMag stuff? What's the catch? I don't seem to see any listings for these anywhere but Gun Broker and eBay.

I am wondering if I should grab one, because I would rather have a factory part than one made after market, but I don't want to be a sucker if these are available for purchase directly from Benelli for a lower price.

After doing some searching I am finding some current listings for an actual Benelli C-Stock and pistol grip, in the box from Benelli USA. Most of what I am seeing is listed around $550.

So there are actual Benelli made C-Stocks you can purchase instead of buying the ProMag stuff? What's the catch? I don't seem to see any listings for these anywhere but Gun Broker and eBay.

I am wondering if I should grab one, because I would rather have a factory part than one made after market, but I don't want to be a sucker if these are available for purchase directly from Benelli for a lower price.

They are only available directly from Benelli to law enforcement and the military. Since they aren't available to us directly, when you can find them, it's usually at a premium.

Keep in mind that if you install one on your M4, you will have to add 4 total 922® compliant parts since the collapsible stock is counted as two parts and adds one additional foreign made part to the gun.

They are only available directly from Benelli to law enforcement and the military. Since they aren't available to us directly, when you can find them, it's usually at a premium.

Keep in mind that if you install one on your M4, you will have to add 4 total 922® compliant parts since the collapsible stock is counted as two parts and adds one additional foreign made part to the gun.

I thought that might be the case, but I wanted to double check. Yes, premium is a bit of an understatement in this case. I saw another forum poster who was LE get one for $150 shipped from Benelli and the lowest listing I am finding on eBay is $549! Wow.

Yes, I did know that I had add another American made part, but I think I have that figured out. Here is my current plan...

1. Full Extension Tube (Carrier Group)

2. Follower (Carrier Group)

3. Surefire Forearm

4. Trigger (Freedom Fighter Tactical)

That should get me to my 4 parts, all stamped U.S. made. I have learned a lot about this over the last day or so since I started researching it now that it looks unlikely I will be able to get the H20 model :(

• 5 months later...