Pro Mag C-Stock Finally Arrives..............

Zeke

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

translation : The pro mag stock is made with foreign parts !!! :)

Actually.. It is Vietnamese, "Wish you fun in your life, Thanks for what you shared on our forum."

I would like to buy an OEM Benelli C-Stock.. If it were at a reasonable price. Since I am a middle class American citizen with bills to pay. It makes it hard to justify spending $500.00 for a stock, when I can buy a Very similar(if not the same) stock for $194.00 shipped.

So long as the BATFags *perceive* it to be 'made in the USA' then that's all that matters - right?

This is True . But yet has anyone been an example of either the Factory or aftermarket stock by the BATFE, until then the factory & foreign parts made aftermarket stock will have to show proof that it was U.S. made , when clearly on the packaging it reads "made with foreign parts."

Edited by heckler&kochp2000
Truth

I'm waiting on mine and I only bought because it says on ProMags websight that it is 922r compliant. I have a factory c stock but would have to add more parts and I don't want to jump thru those extra hoops.

What would you be doing with that extra Factory C-Stock?

This is True . But yet has anyone been an example of either the Factory or aftermarket stock by the BATFE, until then the factory & foreign parts made aftermarket stock will have to show proof that it was U.S. made , when clearly on the packaging it reads "made with foreign parts."

My packaging states, and I quote, "May be Assembled from Domestic and Imported components."

I know Zeke had mentioned that the forend seemed a bit tight around the gas tubes/pistons and am still waiting to hear from him about our deal but how does yours seem on the gun Wiggin?

I had to exchange the stock so I never had a chance to see how the forend fit with the gas tubes. There was a small paint chip on the c-stock, I was in fear of it spreading. Pro Mag was very polite and they are going to exchange the item.

I will test the forend as soon as I receive my new c-stock kit from Pro Mag. I'll PM you when I find out.

Edited by Wiggin

Exactly my point Thank you , so how is that U.S. made ? if it's imported.

Received following from Pro Com tech support, don't know if I would take it to the bank.

Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 12:08 PM

To: Crofton

Subject: Re: PM253 Benelli M4 Collapsible Stock & Tactical Forend

Hey Crofton,

Sorry it has taken so long to get to your email. The stock is primarily made in the U.S.A. Some of the small components like the hardware and screws could be made overseas as well as raw components. As far as the BATF, there is no resitrictions on any parts having to say "Made in the USA", only a restriction that requires them to be made in the USA. Since our name is on the stock and we advertise it as a 922 compliant part there shouldn't be any issues.

Thanks

On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 8:50 AM, Crofton > wrote:

Good morning

Very interested in purchasing the C-Stock, I have the following questions:

1. Why isn’t it stamped USA made?

2. Quote from box “May be Assembled from Domestic and Imported components”, how is this 922.R Compliant?

3. If BATF pay me a visit at the range, what proof do I have the C-Stock is USA made?

Thank you,

Technical Support

Promag Industries

10654 S. Garfield Ave.

South Gate, CA 90280

My Pro-Mag C Stock arrived today and I put it on my M4. I like it and have decided to sell my Benelli C Stock. The Benelli appears nicer finished but I don't mind a little rougher finish for the price and 922r compliant parts. I'll be posting my C stock here for sale pretty soon. Pics this weekend.

My Pro-Mag C Stock arrived today and I put it on my M4. I like it and have decided to sell my Benelli C Stock. The Benelli appears nicer finished but I don't mind a little rougher finish for the price and 922r compliant parts. I'll be posting my C stock here for sale pretty soon. Pics this weekend.

So functionally and quality-wise you're not seeing any difference other than the finish?

In your opinion it's going to hold up as well as the OEM c-stock over the long run?

Yes I think for pure functioning purposes it will meet the requirement. I just notice how the metal appears to have more of a cast type finish and the paint job appears cheaper. It is pretty stiff when sliding also. I wouldn't want to need to extend the stock in a hurry. If a fast in close shot was required I wouldn't attempt to extend the stock but just go with what I have in the closed position. Let's face it the C stock just looks nicer and makes for a shorter package, the fixed stock is superior for shooting.

Yes I think for pure functioning purposes it will meet the requirement. I just notice how the metal appears to have more of a cast type finish and the paint job appears cheaper. It is pretty stiff when sliding also. I wouldn't want to need to extend the stock in a hurry. If a fast in close shot was required I wouldn't attempt to extend the stock but just go with what I have in the closed position. Let's face it the C stock just looks nicer and makes for a shorter package, the fixed stock is superior for shooting.

I put a little oil on mine and all is fine and dandy. Slides nice. The finish on mine IMO is awesome, it is kind of a glossy black finish but it doesnt look cheap at all. There are no scracth's or chips whatsoever. Its good to see the e-mail above from Pro-Mag stating that it is 922r !

Hey Zeke, Good to see you back on. How's that forend? I've got that money order burning a hole in an envelope...;)

Sorry for not responding, I had some familiy drama lately.

I just have to disassemble my M4 again and see what happens. I really dont think that you'll like the quality and feel of this thing. It didnt fit good and its really really WIDE with rails attached. As far as selling it, heck I'll just give it to you! Not going to sell something that you probably wont like. I'll pm my address.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but I was recently looking into the Pro Mag C stock and ended up buying one based on what I've read in this thread and other places online. Now I couldn't find anyone that has both the Pro Mag and the Benelli collapsible stocks, so I had no idea on fitment compared to the factory version and many of the views on the Pro Mag were vague. Well, I took a chance and bought the Pro Mag, and it was a huge let down. It was very loose, the finish was a gloss black, and the overall look of the frame was cheap. I only shot with it once and after about 40 rounds or so the stock got stuck, I then removed it and looked inside, the pin was peeling from the recoil. I don't know if anyone else has experienced that same problem, but frankly I was pissed. I then decided to take another chance and order a Benelli stock frame, pin, and button assembly from Numrich gun parts, hoping the Pro Mag parts would fit on the Benelli. It turns out the parts are interchangeable, so I put the cheek rest and butt pad from the Pro Mag onto the Benelli stock frame and now it works beautifully and everything ended up costing about $320 in the end. As far as 922R compliance.... I have a Dave's Metal works mag tube, ATI follower, and then the Pro Mag pistol grip, all of which will count as being US made but seeing that the stock itself is comprised of both US and Italian parts I would guess that it won't count as being US made, however there really is no way to tell... But just to be safe I also got a set of FFT US made handguards as well.

So anyway, if you're considering a Pro Mag C stock, I would highly recommend going to Numrich gun parts and ordering a Benelli factory stock frame and button assembly.