Is this right? GG&G Bolt Release Pad Installation

ohbejuan

I just received this new GG&G Bolt Release Pad from GG&G and decided to install it. The install seemed to go well, no bending or issues with the pens or stress or anything like that. However, when it was done, it looks like the pad is severely angled outward from the receiver on one end and flush on the other. Is this normal? It seems to still function well but it looks like crap to me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2572[/ATTACH]

Just checked and removed the pad. It doesn't appear to be the problem because, if you can see from the 2nd picture, the actual drilled out piece itself is angled backward as opposed to the charging handle. If you press on the pad and compress the spring, the closer the pad gets to the side of the receiver, the more parallel it is. Could the spring be too strong since it's new?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2573[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2575[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2576[/ATTACH]

Well, they look pretty identical in shape to me. I put the original back in place with a slave pin and tried either spring and it looks like it tilts a bit also. Does no one else experience this at all?

It angles out just a little bit now when it's reset, but when you hit the release to slide the bolt forward, it looks correct.

Is it normal to hear a bit of metal on metal between the bolt release and the shell release latches? When I depress the bolt release it seems like there's some metal on metal sound until it passes by the shell release and then the shell release drops into place.

Yep. That's normal too. If you look at the trigger group, you'll see how the shell release interfaces with the shell stop. You can dry fit the OEM unit to see how they interact.

Also, it is normal for the bottom of the GG&G pad to rub on the receiver when depressed. If you're concerned about the wear, some have used tape on the back of the pad.

Sweet, sounds like it might be good then. Your trigger work, my semi-normal-sound gg&g install and my carriercomp tube is set to arrive wednesday!

I actually did buy some sticky felt and put it on the back of the pad, you can see that in the first picture. It doesn't look half bad

• 1 month later...