Trijicon RMR with RM33 (low profile) mount on M4. Any feedback?

3gunner

I have a Trijicon RMR02 and need to purchase a mount for my Benelli M4. Does anyone have experience with either the RM34 or the RM33 Trijicon mounts? I replaced the factory rail with a sidearmor 6 shell holder detachable rail. Note sure if its the exact same height or not...

I am leaning towards ordering the RM33 (low profile) mount in hopes to have a cowitness. Has anybody ran this setup on the M4? If so, what mount would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

While I am coveting one of those myself, that obviously won't work with the Sidearmor shell holder.

3gunner, you want the lowest possible mount you can get if mounting directly to the Sidearmor or Benelli rail. RM33. Here's one mounted to a section of rail on one of my M1's. Mounted to the M4 rail I think it's still too high to use the irons.

M1-RMR02.jpg~original

Edited by truckcop

We're big fan of Esstac's Shotgun cards: http://www.skdtac.com/Esstac-Shotgun-Card-p/ess.106.htm

Put a piece of adhesive backed loop on the left of your receiver and you can swap the cards out with fresh ones as you go. The cards fit into M4 mag pouches really well so you can carry plenty of ammo on any M4 chest rig. Works great.

Edited by Scalarworks

While I am coveting one of those myself, that obviously won't work with the Sidearmor shell holder.

3gunner, you want the lowest possible mount you can get if mounting directly to the Sidearmor or Benelli rail. RM33. Here's one mounted to a section of rail on one of my M1's. Mounted to the M4 rail I think it's still too high to use the irons.

I understand now. Personally, a lower mounted optic would be more useful to me than a mag carrier.

• 5 years later...

If it’s inappropriate to resurrect an old thread I apologize but I had this same question and don’t see an answer here.

Will the RM33 mount raise the Trijicon RMR high enough so that the ghost sights DO NOT co-witness ? I have trouble with the co-witness view being too busy and want my RMR mounted above the ghost ring sight-line but I’m thinking the RM34 mount might be higher than practical?

Edited by SnidelyWhiplash

7 minutes ago, SnidelyWhiplash said:

Will the RM33 mount raise the Trijicon RMR high enough so that the ghost sights DO NOT co-witness ? I have trouble with the co-witness view being too busy and want my RMR mounted above the ghost ring sight-line but I’m thinking the RM34 mount might be higher than practical?

Correct. No Picatinny mount will allow for a co-witness. They will also throw off your cheekweld by raising the RMR as much as they.

35 minutes ago, Scalarworks said:

Correct. No Picatinny mount will allow for a co-witness. They will also throw off your cheekweld by raising the RMR as much as they.

Shamelessly jumping on this thread to lobby y'all to bring back a Sync mount for the Aimpoint Micro :)