Benelli M4 - Low Recoil Option Suggestion

beantownace

Hey all,

I purchased a new M4 beauty and about to take it to the range first time next week.   So I understand that the M4 likes high FPS ammo and for good reason.   I dislocated the shoulder a few years back ski accident so I want to ease into the first rounds to get a feel for 00 buckshot with it.   Any idea will any of the Winchester AA work such as the light load at 1145 FPS cycle?   From what I am gathering it really needs 1200 FPS and above.   I have a small pack of Hornady 1345 FPS I believe I am sure that will cycle but ammo hard to find lately.   Looking for an option before I go shopping this week at Bass Pro etc.   Slowly make my way up to slugs.... ;)...

Thanks for any info from non rookies on here.

The first time out I had a few issues with light loads but once the gun had some rounds down it I've not had a problem since.  I've mag dumped Federal LE low recoil which is only 1145fps without issue and have run enough through my M4 to be comfortable with it as my self defense load.  I would suggest not getting discourage if it's picky to begin with and see how it performs once it's done some work.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...